This post may contain affiliate links
As we get further into this school year, our mornings have become increasingly chaotic. Between bathing, clothing, and feeding all three kids, we are often barely to school on time. I try to get my kids to eat something — anything! — before school starts. Some days are easier than others. One of the problems we have run into is that my kids just don’t really like traditional Pop Tarts. Enter the Unicorn Pop Tart Recipe. My kids are obsessed! And I think your kids will be, too!
What You’ll Need
In my opinion, traditional pop tarts really lack because of the dry pastry crust. Thankfully these unicorn pop tarts do not have that problem. I make these using refrigerated pie crusts, like these Pillsbury crusts. The other trick to creating these delicious, flaky pop tarts, is to use your air fryer. YES! Pop tarts in the air fryer will cook these to perfection.
Here’s what else you’ll need:
- 15 ounces of pie crusts (equivalent to 2 crusts), store bought or homemade
- blue food coloring
- pink food coloring
- any flavor of jelly preserves
- powdered sugar
- an egg
- a heart cookie cutter
- and sprinkles!
Be sure to play around with different jelly preserves, food coloring, and sprinkles!
Unicorn Pop Tart Recipe
- 15 oz of pie crusts (equivalent to 2 crusts), store bought or homemade
- 3 drops blue food coloring
- 5 ounces jelly preserves total, any flavor (I used strawberry)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP milk (you may add more if you like your icing to be a thinner consistency)
- 2 drops pink food coloring
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 tablespoons mixture of pink and purple sprinkles
- 1 heart cookie cutter