This post may contain affiliate links
I need to admit something — I’m not big on following trends. I’m not even ON Tik Tok. But Food trends? Food trends are my jam. So when Golden Milk went Tik Tok Famous, I decided to hop on board an perfect this for myself. I tried a few different methods and this Golden Milk Recipe is TikTok Famous for a reason!
What is golden milk?
Golden milk is a traditional Indian drink made with warmed milk, turmeric, and other spices. It’s been said to help reduce inflammation, but also has other health benefits like boosting your immune system and helping to improve your mood!
Regardless of health benefits, this golden milk recipe is delicious. It reminds me of my favorite warm-milk teas. It’s smoothe, delicious, and spiced to perfection. You’ll find it to be the perfect combination of cozy, creamy, nutty, and rich.
What you’ll need
Even a novice cook will have almost all of these ingredients in the house. If you actually do not have turmeric, don’t fret. It can be found in any grocer’s spice aisle. We buy our turmeric from a small, local, middle eastern store; but you can truly find it anywhere. I also suggest using either almond milk or coconut milk in addition to the whole milk that the recipe calls for. It adds an extra layer of flavor.
And remember those cheesecloths you needed for my Instant Pot Dairy Free Yogurt Recipe? You’re going to need those for this recipe, too!
Golden Milk Recipe
- ½ cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 whole stick of Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of whole Cloves
- 5 green cardamom seeds (approximately ½ teaspoon green cardamom seeds)
- ½ teaspoon whole peppercorn
- approximately one 1” wedge of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Whisk until combined, over medium-high heat.
- Once combined, whisk occasionally, until heated. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and strain over sieve or cheesecloth.
- Top with grated cinnamon.
Once you try this recipe for yourself, you’ll quickly understand WHY a Golden Milk Recipe is Tik Tok Famous! It’s obviously beautiful, but it’s also SO good!