The Spooky Season is here! And I am here for the Spooky Season! I am, admittedly, not a super “Yay, Halloween!” person. I mostly feel like adults tend to overdo this holiday and get more into it than the kids. That being said, it has recently come to my attention that my nearly 8-year-old is VERY into Halloween. Thus, I suppose, I am very into Halloween on his behalf. So we’ve been doing all things Halloween around here. One of those things? Getting crafty with this Witches Brew Bark Kids Halloween Recipe!
My kids are basically obsessed with anything creepy and spooky these days. We watch The Nightmare Before Christmas for 6-months out of the year. Ya know, because it’s basically a Halloween and Christmas movie all in one. So we basically are living all things funky in this house.
Why we get crafty!
Let’s be real — kids don’t need a lot to get excited. Something as easy as a quick and simple Halloween craft is enough to please them for days! I tend to stock up on craft supplies at the end of every season, knowing that the following year we will use them.
What You’ll Need
This recipe is easy. If you’ve ever made chocolate bark before, you’ll know that it’s simple and you can get super creative. For this recipe in particular, you’ll need an assortment of chocolate melts. I buy my Wilton Candy Melts on Amazon. They’re inexpensive and ship free with Prime! For this I use lavender, turquoise, and lime green.
I also recommend using gummy worms (because they are ‘creepy’), candy eyeballs, and candy corn. You’ll need a baking sheet, three microwave safe bowls, and parchment paper. That’s all you need for this easy peasy recipe!
Witches Brew Bark Kids Halloween Recipe
Here’s the full recipe and details!
- Turquoise Wilton Candy Melts
- Lavender Wilton Candy Melts
- Lime Green Wilton Candy Melts
- Orange Wilton Candy Melts
- Gummy Worms
- Candy Eyes
- Candy Corn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour half of each colored candy melts bag into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave each bowl at 30-second intervals. Stir in between. Continue until completely melted.
- Once the chocolates are all melted, pour the melted chocolates across the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Use a spatula to spread the base layer.
- Continue pouring the chocolate onto the baking sheet. Use a toothpick to swirl the chocolates around.
- Once all the chocolate has been poured, gently press the candies into the chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20-minutes to cool. Then remove the chocolate from the parchment paper backing. Use both hands to break apart chocolate into bark-sized pieces.
- Store in airtight container and ENJOY!