When it came time for a Mother’s Day celebration I had ONE request — cherry pie! It turns out that bakeries are hard to come by when you’re in lockdown. We couldn’t find one anywhere! And I had very few items on-hand.
But I did have cinnamon rolls! Queue the cherry pie baking!
I remembered seeing somewhere that someone had made pies using a can of cinnamon rolls. I thought, sure, why not? It’s basically combining two of my favorite foods — pie and cinnamon rolls. What a delicious combination, right?!
Cinnamon rolls are just something we always have on hand with three kids under 7. They are our special ‘weekend breakfast’ treat. It’s easier than going out for donuts, and all three kids gobble them up! And these were no exception!
With all of the bakeries running a minimal staff this weekend, I figured this is another great opportunity to try this recipe! I tried ordering an apple pie from my favorite local bakery, but they were sold out of pre-orders. So Cherry Pie Cinnamon Roll Bites it is!
Check out the full recipe for all of the details.
- 1 can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Spray a regular-sized muffin tin with your choice of oil (avocado, vegetable, coconut).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Open can of refrigerated cinnamon roll dough. Take each individual roll, and flatten it out with the palm of your hand.
- Press into muffin tin.
- Add one tablespoon of cherry pie filling to each of the 8 cinnamon roll cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cool, drizzle icing from cinnamon rolls on top of cherry pies.
And tell me — what’s your go-to “in a pinch” recipe?!