This post may contain affiliate links
My due date has come and gone! I’ve scheduled this blog post, but I’m guessing that Baby L hasn’t made his appearance yet. My suggestion? Follow me on Twitter. I’ll probably be posting updates throughout the process. Well, at least that’s the plan! 🙂
In the meantime, I’m linking up with Shannon from Life After I Dew to say…
SO WHAT if…
- I have a laminated copy of our birth plan and the hospital map in my car. And yes, I laminated them myself. Gone is the worry that I’ll spill coffee or water on our birth plan before we get to the hospital! 😛 OK. You can judge me now… 🙂
- the majority of my weekend was spent on my feet, getting things done. Cleaning, making freezer meals and snacks, organizing, etc.
- I’ve unsubscribed myself from most of the daily deal emails and sample sale website emails. Not only were they clogging up my Inbox with their once-awesome, now crappy, deals; but the few deals I did want — which come mostly from travel sites — makes me insanely sad. Luckily we’ve traveled a lot over the last few years. But it’s sad to know that those days are in the past for a while.
- when I walk into Starbucks the baristas say “Still pregnant??” This means: a) I’m there entirely too much if everyone knows me; and, b) people totally expect me to pop at any minute.
- while waiting my turn at the meat counter in our grocery store the other day, I told the guy next to me to go first. To which he replied “No — you first — you look like you’re about to pop any second!” Listen people: just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean you’ll have to deliver my baby if I don’t get my lunch meat until after you order yours. If so, that would be the fastest labor ever. I’m good, thanks.
- on my first day of maternity leave I sat on the couch with my sick husband and caught up on the DVR. And then I crafted my face off! And it was fantastic! 🙂