This post may contain affiliate links
Guys – SO much has changed in a month. And I cannot believe she’s already been around for over half of a year!
Here’s a bit of a Seven Month Update:
- She still isn’t sleeping well. But most nights I can get her to sleep and have about 3 hours before her first feeding of the night. So the hours from 8pm-11pm have been a saving grace for my sanity. Honestly. Because then she’s awake every 2ish hours from there on out. Blah!
- No UTI’s this month! Hallelujah!
- After her last round of antibiotics was complete, we started her on solids. Girlfriend l-o-v-e-s to eat! Seriously. Ari didn’t really show any interest in food until about 8 or 9 months. But this chick was showing interest in whatever I was eating or drinking for months now! So I really shouldn’t be surprised that she chows down on all of her baby food.
- When she doesn’t get what she wants in a timely fashion (whether that be food or picked up), she growls and grunts.
- Thanks to her love of food, girlfriend has packed on some serious L – Bs. She’s up to 14 lbs 13.5 ounces!
- Her nicknames are: Miss Bea. Monster. And Chunka-Monk. Monster because that’s what she sounds like when she’s growling. And Chunka-Monk because girlfriend has some chunky legs and cheeks!
- Her 3-6 month pants are officially snug on her little chunky thighs! It’s the first time I’ve ever experienced this with either child, so I was so happy to see her legs chunk up!
- Miss Bea’s favorite foods are banana, peas, carrots, squash, and apples! I’m fairly certain this child is going to out-eat Ari for the rest of her life.
- Still no bottle, friends. Super frustrating. However, over the weekend Chad took Remy on an excursion without me! The only way he is able to do this is because I nursed her right before she left and she’s eating so much food that she was OK until they arrived home!
- I’m definitely still recovering from some PPD. It’s certainly not as bad. If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll probably have noticed that. But I still have these moments where I just totally lose my s**t for what seems like no reason. Wait. Is this PPD or is this just motherhood?? Ha!
- She’s totally sitting up and rolling over like a pro. She can push herself up to all-fours; but she doesn’t really have any interest in crawling yet. She can roll anywhere she needs to go! Ha!
- The jumperoo and Baby Genius Nursery Rhymes are this girls JAM.
The old saying is true, the days sure are long (and painful, most times); but 12 months will be here before we know it! We still have bad days. Sometimes they are really bad days. But I finally have this glimmer of hope, thanks to the fleeting good moments!
So cheers, baby girl! I can already tell you’re going to give me a run for my money! But I look forward to being your best friend from now until forever! ♥