This post may contain affiliate links
Thanksgiving is here! This holiday has long-been my absolute favorite. But over the last two years, that has changed. It still ranks high on my list of favorite festivities; but having kids means that Christmas is actually quite amazing. I will admit, this year I have found myself itching to put up our Christmas tree and decorate accordingly. But I’ve held off. I told Ari we would decorate tomorrow.
Because today we give thanks.
- that, although Miss Bea has been miserable and sick all week, both of our children are happy and healthy.
- for our jobs. My husband works so hard to provide for our family and I am incredibly grateful. And my job fell into my lap at the weirdest time in my life — and it has made me incredibly happy and fulfilled.
- to have a warm bed, in a warm home, with plenty of food to eat.
- for my health — and the ability to see a healthcare provider with just a call.
- for my family. My sister, brother-in-law, and parents, mean more to me than I can even put into words.
- to be a Mom and wife. For those who are new around here, it may surprise you to hear that I never really wanted these roles. But it’s crazy how life works. And it’s crazy how things change. I am so incredibly grateful to have Chad, Ari, and Remy. They are my entire world.
And today I will spend my day, offline, enjoying my time with my family. We are currently eating blueberry pancakes, sipping on coffee, and watching the parade. In a few hours we’ll head to my mother-in-laws house to eat a delicious meal, surrounded by love. And long after the kids are asleep, I’ll sneak out for some Black Friday shopping — completely alone!