We recently visited Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and we were lucky enough to check out the hottest new place on the island. The Bank on Hilton Head Island is a must-see for everyone planning on visiting. From date nights to family pizza nights, The Bank should be your new go-to spot.
About The Bank Hilton Head Island
The Bank, which is located on Pope Avenue just before Coligny Plaza, houses various types of food and drink in an actual former bank — vault and all!
The location is spacious. Inside there are long tables meant to fit overlapping parties of guests. It’s a food hall type vibe with open seating. And? it works! We made friends with several people who popped down next to us.
There are two indoor places for ordering. Food orders can be placed on one side for Bank Heist Burgers, Pizza Co (which is wood-fired pizza made fast), and Mo’ Money Tacos.
The other side of the indoor space features Side Hustle Brewing. There is limited space at the bar for seating. But there are many other beautiful spots to find a seat throughout the building.
Side Hustle Brewing
Side Hustle Beer Company used to be located on Arrow Road in Hilton Head (at a much smaller location). Moving into The Bank provides them with so much more space to make their incredible beers.
The bar for Side Hustle Brewing has an extensive draft list. And, if beer isn’t your thing, they offer wine and mixed drinks, too. Just line up at either side of the bar and someone will take your order. If it’s too busy inside, head outdoors to the Outdoor Beer Garden.
The Outdoor Beer Garden features many of the same Side Hustle brews, plus you’re in close proximity to the live music, fire pits, and games.
Hungry? There are lots of options.
The Banks has somewhat of a ‘food hall’ vibe. Here are your options:
- Bank Heist Burgers
- Mo’ Money Tacos
- Pizza Co.
All things considered, there’s something for everyone! But, I have to admit, the pizza is incredible! Truly.
Also, order the chicharones. For real. They’re delicious.
Other important (and not so important info)
- The Bank leans heavy on the puns. From drinks named “Strategic Risk,” to burgers called “The Bandit.” The puns are always present.
- The Bank is a cashless venue. Yep, that means that a place called the bank doesn’t actually handle cash. Crazy? Maybe. But, it keeps things simple.
- Hours are 11 am to 11 pm. No outside food is allowed, but there are plenty of options if you’re hungry.
- The entire place is family/kid-friendly. But, there is a specific spot called the Family Zone. The Family Zone is a place made for small kids. But, the whole place is truly family friendly (as are most breweries).
- Family or not, there are tons of backyard-type games available outside. There’s cornhole, giant yard jenga, giant connect four, and more!
- Even if you’re not staying nearby, The Breeze Trolly stops just outside The Bank (stop # 10!).
- Plenty of on-site parking is available. But, there is also plenty of space to park (and lock) your bikes.
Regardless of what day (or time of day) you visit, The Bank is sure to be a fun time.
The Bank – website
59 Pope Ave.
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Hours: 7 days a week, 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM