This post may contain affiliate links
Be sure to check out my guest blog post on SummaFlourish.org today!
Sunday my little man turned two months old! Where has this time gone?! It’s hard to believe that in just a couple of weeks my maternity leave will be over.
Although our 2-month well baby checkup isn’t until Thursday, I already know our little guy has grown. He seems so much longer these days. And even though he still doesn’t have chunky baby rolls, I know he probably weighs more, too!
– He’s still bottle feeding with my pumped breast milk exclusively. And he’s eating a lot — somewhere between 25 and 30 ounces a day. Such a champ! Luckily I’m producing enough to keep up with his appetite! So thankful for that.
– He loves to ‘talk.’ He mimics our noises. So much so that one time I was saying “I love you Ari!” and Chad and I could swear that he said “I love you too!” It was hilarious!
– We had a very fun first Thanksgiving! We went to Ari’s Great Aunt’s house for the day and spent it with great family and great food.
– He’s learning to hold his head up really well. He still needs some support because he doesn’t have a ton of control; but his neck is super strong.
– He can also push himself up on his hands/arms when he’s on his tummy. He does it constantly.
– A couple of weeks ago he figured out how to roll over on his side.
– He’s a lot less colicky than he was before. Somewhere in the last few weeks it’s subsided. He still has him moments, but they are less frequent for sure. Thank goodness!
– He pooped on his Mimi [my mom] this past weekend. It was hilarious! Of course, I wasn’t being pooped on so maybe that’s why it was funny.
– He’s been trying to laugh but it comes out as this fake cough. I can’t wait until he figures out how to actually laugh.
– He loves bath time. I actually get in our big tub with him so that he can kick around and splash. He loves it. And, honestly, so do I! I can’t wait to put him in swim lessons in a few months.
– He met Santa for the first time at our annual family Christmas party.
Can’t wait to spend the holidays with this little guy before going back to work! 🙂