This post may contain affiliate links
The Summer months are quickly approaching. And, as much as I’d like to think we will have more time for cooking extravagant meals, that just isn’t the case. In fact, I feel like we’re almost more busy when school is out. (Which doesn’t even feel possible, does it?!) Even with little to no time, I promise you can still make a delicious meal. This air fryer half chicken recipe is proof that a delicious meal can be made in a pinch!
What you’ll need
For this particular recipe, you’ll want to have a decent size air fryer. The air fryer that will work best is this one. As far as ingredients, there are really very few.
Here’s what you’ll need as far as ingredients:
- 3 potatoes, parboiled for faster cooking
- yellow onion
- baby carrots, parboiled for faster cooking
- 1 halved chicken (save the other half for another time!)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
That’s it! If you’re looking to pair it with an adult beverage, try this delicious Jalapeño Margarita recipe!
How to make air fryer half chicken and veggies
- 3 potatoes, chopped in 1” cubes, parboiled for faster cooking
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 cups of baby carrots, parboiled for faster cooking
- 1 halved chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Add vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and half of the spices. Mix and fully coat.
- Add your half chicken and use the remaining oil and spices to coat. Let rest for 5 minutes while the air fryer preheats at 350°.
- Add vegetables to the air fryer basket and place chicken on top. Place the chicken breast down for half the time. Then flip to finish.
- Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.