This post may contain affiliate links
Now that the hustle and bustle of the holidays is over, many of us are trying to find our footing once again with family meals. Once again we’ve been thrown back into the chaos of real-life. For many of us, that means less time to think about meal planning. If you’re in a pinch for dinner plans, this delicious Air Fryer Chicken Hibachi with Veggies is the perfect meal.
Why use the air fryer?
If you’ve followed my other recipes for a while, you’ll know I love using my Instant Pot and Air Fryer. They are just handy tools. Using the air fryer for this particular recipe just makes sense. First and foremost, it’s basically a one-pan meal. Second, the convection feature of the air fryer cooks this up quickly — which is perfect for a busy weeknight. However, this can easily be converted to a stovetop recipe in a wok.
What You’ll Need
Besides the air fryer, here’s what else you’ll need:
- yellow squash
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- butter, salt and pepper
- 1 pound of boneless chicken thighs
- and lemon juice.
Serve with a side of white rice and yum yum sauce!
Air Fryer Chicken Hibachi with Veggies
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, divided
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut the vegetables into bite-size pieces and set them aside.
- Place the pie pan in the air fryer basket and add 1/2 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and cook at 400° for 10 minutes. Shake the vegetables every 3 minutes.
- Once vegetables are almost well done, remove them and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the chicken thighs whole and add the remaining garlic, oil, soy, and butter. Cut the lemon in half and square the juices of one half onto the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and chop it into bite-size pieces. Return chicken to the pan with vegetables and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan with vegetables and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool.
- Serve with steamed rice and Yum Yum Sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds.