End of Summer Health + Fitness Update | and a BIG announcement!

August 31, 2017 in #GetFit,#SweatPink,busy mom,fitness,goals,health,running,wellness,workout,yoga

Guys, I am proud to say that I didn’t let the hustle and bustle of Summer get me off track with my health and fitness journey. Wooo hooo!

Weight Watchers Update  //

I’m at my lowest weight since Remy was born. Not my goal weight, but significantly closer. I’m down 30.5 pounds since I started WW last November. It’s a good feeling and I’ve been working my booty off to achieve it.

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again — I love that with WW I can still enjoy things like donuts because I’m not ‘counting calories.’ I mean, I’m not eating donuts everyday; but, gosh darnit, I’ll eat a donut every so often if I want to! 🙂

Oh, and HUGE shoutout to Pink Blush for making me feel gorgeous in this amazing dress!

Workouts  //

I’ve consistently been working out (and earning those WW Fit Points!). I’m a little sad to say my workouts have consisted of very few runs. I just… I just… haven’t been feeling it. Especially not in the crazy heat.

When I did run this Summer, it was with the running group MRTT (or, Moms Run This Town). I have to admit, it’s way easier to get motivated — especially to run — when I run with this awesome group of ladies!

But I’ve been doing a LOT of cycling and kickboxing to ‘switch it up.’ And I’m noticing I’m getting SO much stronger and it’s absolutely helping me build back my endurance.

In addition, I’ve hit up several yoga classes. I have to admit, I’ve been really missing yoga. When I’m on my mat, I’m in the zone. I feel strong and confident and powerful. And then I’ll go weeks without a yoga class for no reason other than it hasn’t really fit into my schedule. Bummer, bro.

Coaching Gymnastics  //

So I’m definitely not tumbling. Ha! But stretching and conditioning with these girls is making a noticeable difference in my core strength and flexibility. It’s been nice to build relationships and workout with these young gymnasts — and we both are building confidence in ourselves! Win-win!

PS. If you’re local to Akron and are looking to enroll your child in gymnastics, email me and I’ll let you know which classes I’m teaching! 🙂

A BIG Cycling Update  //

I’m really excited to share this with you! My love of cycling has grown tremendously over the last year. And I’m happy to say that in October I’m going to get certified as an indoor cycling instructor!

I owe it to my incredible coworkers at the YMCA for helping me to pursue this dream of getting certified! And helping me to get put onto the Fall schedule for our cycling classes at the Riverfront YMCA location!

So yeah. I guess if I was MIA this Summer (both on the blog and IRL) this had something to do with it. I was busy, ya’ll! Busy being a goal-getter! 🙂

How did you do with your health and fitness goals this Summer?!

Kate @ GreatestEscapist August 31, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Whoa, congrats! That’s awesome! Does the Y do day/class passes like the Nat does? I’d love to attend one of your classes.

Kira August 31, 2017 at 4:29 pm

That’s amazing and so inspiring! I’ve been trying to start working out and eating better since I had my daughter. Hearing about your progress is motivating!

Brittany N August 31, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Congrats girl! 30 lbs is not easy to lose! I’m down the exact same amount, 30.5 since April last year. It’s hard work, but so worth it. Keep at it girl, you’ve got this!

Katelyn Anderson August 31, 2017 at 5:06 pm

You go, girl! Cycling is one of the only exercises I actually enjoy. You’ve definitely motivated me!

Christine Keys August 31, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Go you! I so need to get back into things but have been trying to get my iron levels back up since having my second child. Now that I have my normal amount of energy back, I’m much more motivated to try.

Jaynie August 31, 2017 at 6:16 pm

It’s awesome you have kept up the workouts this Summer. It’s always a challenge when we get out of our routine and also go to BBQ’s all the time. Good luck with your certification! I loved indoor cycling for years until my neck had issues.

Sumer August 31, 2017 at 9:29 pm

This is SO awesome! Way to go and congrats!!!

China August 31, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Yay!! Great job and Congrats!!! That’s so exciting!

Aly Funk August 31, 2017 at 10:24 pm

All of this is so exciting! Congrats on getting your certification!

Julie Borm September 1, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Congrats on your weight loss – it looks like you’ve been able to adopt some long-term healthy habits, which is incredible! Also, congrats on your certification!

Stefanie September 1, 2017 at 3:03 pm

That’s so exciting! You look amazing!

Crystal // Dreams, etc. September 1, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Congrats on getting your certification! And on your weight loss! That’s amazing!

Hanna Smith September 1, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Do you live in Virginia?!?! I used to live in VA Beach and there was a place called Duck Donuts there! They have the best donuts like EVERRRRRR!!! Also congrats on being down 30+ pounds! YOU ROCK mama!

Virjinia Harp September 1, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Congrats! Way to go. Cycling is pretty amazing and it really helped me get off my plateau last year. That’s so awesome that you’ll get to teach soon. Way to go girl!

Tamara September 2, 2017 at 2:32 am

That floral dress was meant for you!

Tabitha Blue September 2, 2017 at 10:44 am

So excited for your progress and your certification!!! That’s so awesome and I love your balanced approach too 🙂

Kristen Casenove September 2, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Omg we just got a Duck Donuts here in Kissimmee! Holy amazing. MY favorite is the blueberry icing with coconut shavings on top. Drooling over here over that salad you had as well. Congratulations on losing 30 pounds, thats AMAZING!

Angie September 2, 2017 at 12:48 pm

That is truly something to celebrate. Congrats! You look fabulous. Keep pushing forward. Live the lifestyle. 🙂