Monday Mantra //

May 22, 2017 in mantra,running

I spent almost the entire day in bed yesterday. I woke up well before any human should wake up (like, 3:30am) and went to meet up with some MRTT (Moms Run This Town) ladies to volunteer for the Cleveland Marathon. I was home by 8am, but so exhausted. Like, I took two- 2.5 hour naps and went to bed at 9PM still, tired.

And even though I was a tad bit filled with the dread of the weight of my completely full to-do list last night, this mantra totally spoke to me. I have no complaints. I deserved those naps. And now I’m going to go kick Monday’s butt!

Harmony, Momma To Go May 22, 2017 at 7:10 am

Thats so amazing that you got to volunteer! Happy Monday! hopefully you feel more rested today.

Camille May 22, 2017 at 9:23 am

Fantastic mantra xo And yes, you absolutely deserve those naps!

Divya Mathu May 22, 2017 at 9:23 am

Mondays are typically difficult around here. But, since I switched jobs and I have been working out in the AM before work, things are looking up! Happy Monday!

Davi May 22, 2017 at 11:39 am

Sounds like you had a full Sunday! All before 8:00AM. Happy Monday! Hope you tackle everything on your list!

Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries May 22, 2017 at 5:43 pm

I thought my 4:30 am wake up yesterday was early 😉 At least you were doing something feel-good that early!

Alex Snider May 22, 2017 at 6:03 pm

We have to live so close together! I live about 20 minutes from Cleveland! Also, the only reason I know what it looks like at 3:30 am is because I sometimes don’t go to bed until 4 am LOL. I am not a morning person! I would die if I had to wake up at 3:30 and had already been sleeping! It’s hard enough to wake up to get the kids on the bus in the morning!

Kelly May 23, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Nice work!! Doesn’t it feel great to get things done super early in the day??

Natalie May 23, 2017 at 7:51 pm

I love this mantra ! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Leah May 23, 2017 at 11:45 pm

This manta is speaking to me too! I can’t have 2 2.5 hour naps, but I am feeling in. I really dislike the dreading monday quotes and comments that start on Friday afternoons. If you dread Monday that much, then change whatever is making you dread it! Personally I love Mondays, they feel like a fresh start. Pinning this quote so I can use it on Monday morning! haha

Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins May 24, 2017 at 1:14 am

I’m pretty sure I could take a nap every day for a month and still be tired, haha!

Erica @ Coming Up Roses May 24, 2017 at 9:42 pm

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND! Kick Monday’s butt! And loooove that quote you included at the top. It’s so true!

Coming Up Roses