Friday Favorites //

May 12, 2017 in #MomLife,Akron,children,explore locally,family

Happy Friday, my favorite people! I’m happy to say that not only will we be celebrating Mother’s Day this weekend, but we’ll also be celebrating my husband’s birthday! But in the meantime, here are some of my most favorite things as of late:

My kids. They are my favorite human beings ever. They’re amazing and adorable and such a pain in the booty, all at the same time! But they are my everything.

The Akron Art Museum. I know… I talk about the art museum a lot! But it’s just such an amazing place — and Ari just loves it so much! He started crying in the car yesterday when I was struggling to find parking (thanks to an event nearby). He thought we wouldn’t get to go and he was so upset! Lucky for him, I found a spot and he and I had a fabulous time!

The Book of the Month Club! I am SO excited to be getting a FREE book from the author of Girl On The Train from BOTM this month!! Gahhhh!! My passion for reading is back and I cannot be stopped! LOL! But seriously, if you sign up now you can still get the book, too! (PS. Makes a fabulous Mother’s Day gift! Trust me. I’m a mom.).

The Leftovers on HBO. Guys. If you have not seen this show? You must. MUST. Like, now. It’s quite possibly the best show on television ever. And it’s in it’s final season! I’ve seriously cried during every single episode. Yep. Every. single. one.

The Greatest Escapist. Real talk: Kate has always been one of my favorite bloggers. Long before I knew she was an Ohio native — when she was living in DC — I read her blog. It turns out I live in her hometown — and she moved back home! Well she recently included me in her roundup of her favorite Cleveland bloggers! Thanks, Kate!

This Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe! I’ve always been more of a fan of cookie dough than cookies themselves, and this recipe does not disappoint, ya’ll!

This post from The Candid Millennial on 25 things you should do by 25. Sure, 25 is long gone for me. But this list is great, nonetheless! 25, 21, 47…. GO FOR IT!

I’m dying to try this Chipotle Butternut Squash Chili. I freaking love chili, guys. Like, love it hardcore. And I’m pretty traditional when it comes to chili, but I really want to try something new.

Happy Friday, friends! What’s something you’re loving lately!?!

Candice May 12, 2017 at 8:53 am

I’m loving the warmer weather and the beautiful green grass and trees in my area! Love your post!

Jordan |Read. Eat. Repeat. May 12, 2017 at 10:50 am

That book is getting a lot of hype right now, hope you enjoy it!

I’m loving the Ninja blender my husband got me for my birthday! I’m talking super creamy smoothies everyday and I don’t see myself getting tired of them anytime soon.

Kate @ GreatestEscapist.com May 12, 2017 at 11:57 am

Ah, man, thank you! And I’m reading Into the Water now, too – SO good so far. 🙂

Happy Mother’s Day. Hope to see you one of these days soon!

Vicki @ Babies to Bookworms May 12, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Edible chocolate chip cookie dough?? I am there! That sounds amazing!

Emily May 12, 2017 at 4:35 pm

I loved The Girl on the Train, so I’ve got to get my hands on her new book! That chocolate chip cookie dough looks amazing. Happy Mother’s Day!

Meehandering May 12, 2017 at 4:45 pm

I got Into the Water in my BOTM this month as well! Can’t wait to start reading.

Silvia May 12, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Omg that cookie dough! As soon as I’m done with Whole 30 I’m going to need to try that!

Elise @ Belle Meets World May 13, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Definitely trying the Book of the Month club! What a great Mother’s Day gift idea too!
XO,
Elise

Mary May 14, 2017 at 9:42 am

Thank you for sharing my post! Your list was super fun to go through, you are full of wonderful ideas!! I also love your blog 💗 Have a blessed Sunday!

Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries May 15, 2017 at 12:15 am

I didn’t know she had written another book – I totally need to check that out! As for me, I’ve been loving the warmer weather we’ve been having lately!

Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins May 15, 2017 at 1:39 am

That chocolate chip cookie dough looks so good!

Roxy May 15, 2017 at 7:15 am

Omg I love Kate! She’s one of my faves on twitter, too. 🙌🏻

Heydy May 15, 2017 at 5:40 pm

I always enjoy your Friday Favs!!! I particularly love the Chocolate chip cookie dough 😉

Kristeena June 5, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Hi Rachel! Thanks for sharing my chili recipe 🙂 It’s such a yummy heartwarming meal! Hope you had the chance to give it a try.