Ya’ll. I keep wondering, where did the day (night, week, months) go?? As I find myself smack dab in the middle of a 22-day working streak, I’m not only exhausted, but I’m so grateful for those little moments that make this hustle and this (part) stay-at-home mom nonsense worth it.
Here’s what we’ve been up to lately:
- I was the featured tweeter of the week for In The CLE.
- I worked. A LOT. Babysitting + coaching gymnastics. It was a crazy pants week full of kiddos, ya’ll. And every time I wonder “WHY do I do this!?” one of those little boogers pulls at my heartstrings. I can’t deny it — I love these damn kids.
- We made a trip to the Lego Store + Trader Joe’s. And we survived! Seriously guys… it was hit or miss for a while. Those women at TJ’s make me loco!
- I watched 7 episodes of 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. I love it. So much. But I ALSO WANT CLAY TO FINISH THE TAPES. Like, now.
- We went to the park. TWICE. And Remy Bea wore her favorite shoes — her Freshly Picked moccasins in Heirloom in Blush and Gold! Seriously — we adore these mocs! They are handmade of the softest leather imaginable and they are absolutely adorable. By far, these are my most favorite shoes for Miss Remy Bea and she loves walking in them! Because, ya’ll! She’s walking nonstop now!
- I met up with a dear friend for a couple of beers at HiHo Brewing Co, which is, by the way, my favorite new local place.
- Chad and I had actually went on a date! First, dinner at Hodges. Next up, tickets to see Alton Brown Live at Playhouse Theater. It was FABULOUS. We haven’t been to Hodges since Ari was one; and I have never been much of an AB fan, but his live show was absolutely phenomenal. No joke.But we got caught in a huge snow storm on the way home and it was a mega bummer. But we made it! PHEW.
- Remy had adorably awful pigtails. Seriously, who invented pigtails!? Sure, they’re cute. But she also looked like a demon. 🙂
- I treated the kids to Retro Dog (while Chad worked all day). We’d had such a long and crazy week, so when Ari asked for a hotdog, I thought, sure, why not!??
- Ari and I went to Camp Y Noah for Family Fun Day. At the end of a super long week, it was just what I needed — a break from Remy Bea and a breath of fresh air.This place was seriously incredible. And I wish Ari was old enough to attend day camp (the starting age is 6)!
Basically? It was a perfectly imperfect week. I loved every second of this craziness. Well, except for the parts that I absolutely hated. But those were few and fleeting.
So, after all that craziness, here’s my MANTRA of this upcoming week: