Oh, hi! I’ve been doing my best to keep up with, well, everything. But, once again, I feel like I’ve only been able to give like 45% to each part of my life. So yeah. Here I find myself on a Wednesday, wondering where the heck this last week has gone!

Ari got the cutest haircut from Gavin Scott Salon — and it was free because they have a “Read To Me,” program where the haircut is zero-cost for kids who read to the stylist as they’re getting their haircut.

Mimi came up from Kentucky to visit with us! We did lots of fun things, like go to the first Cleveland Flea of the season!

It was, of course, the coldest day of the last week or so, but it was gorgeous nonetheless! Ari asked Mimi to buy him a bacon-wrapped-pierogi. I don’t even know where this kid comes from, ya’ll. Ha! He just kills me! PS. I tasted it — it was delicious!

We used our Great Lakes Science Center passes once again! It was much less busy this time and I had an extra set of hands (which was huge!).

We ate way too much! Between going out with friends to Market District + Hi Ho Brewing Co. and going to Melt Bar + Grilled with Mimi, we ate well over this last week!

We played outside — a LOT. In fact, Mimi helped clean out all of our yard toys so that the kiddos could go out and get messy (and get the toys messy) again!

Guys, to be honest… I’m just trying to stay on top of life this week. And so far, I’m failing-ish. I mean, I’m surviving; but it’s still not great. I hope you’re having a great week. Or at least an okay-ish week. Heck, I hope you’re not failing. Shall we start there?? Yep. I think so.

ADriana April 26, 2017 at 10:52 pm

OMG, you don’t even know how much I can relate to this post. I’m in the thick of it at 32 weeks pregnant, working two jobs, with a toddler. It’s not an easy balance but we’re both making it right?!! We’re super.

Charissa | thenotsobusymomc April 27, 2017 at 10:25 am

Some days are better than others…some weeks are better than others. Give yourself grace, Mama! (Also preaching to myself.)

Kate @ GreatestEscapist.com April 27, 2017 at 10:49 am

I reaaaally want to try out Hi-Ho, & I was SO bummed to miss last weekend’s Flea. Will you be at the others? I’m so excited for Flea season – & my favorite event, the CLE Night Market, starts soon, too!

Belle April 27, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Getting a free haircut while reading to the stylist is such a great idea. Can we have that for adults too?

Belle | One Awesome Momma

Marla | Because I Said So Baby April 27, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I love the “read to me” thing – I’ve never heard of that before, but such a great idea! All kid’s stylists should do that!!

Dara April 27, 2017 at 3:31 pm

That is so cute about reading to the hair stylist for a free cut! You live in Cleveland? I’ll be passing through there this summer! We have a science center membership so maybe we’ll be stopping by the one you went to – I think we’ll be making use of reciprocity while we travel!

Hannah April 27, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I like doing these kind of posts, it’s a fun way to look back on the week/month 🙂

Amanda Maxwell April 27, 2017 at 4:00 pm

You aren’t failing at all!!! Look at all those stimulating activities and quality time you have spent with your family- that is a HUGE success.

Eryn April 27, 2017 at 6:28 pm

How neat about readying while getting their hair cut! Maybe that would keep my son from crying each time! lol

Kiley April 27, 2017 at 7:45 pm

That read to me program sounds amazing! How fun!

Janette Shearer April 27, 2017 at 8:43 pm

You look like you had a really full but FUN week! I’d love to try bacon wrapped perogies! YUM!

Devon April 27, 2017 at 9:11 pm

To me it sounds like you had a great week. I’ve been trying to get my house ready to sell while my hubby is away at training for thirty days. Did I mention I have three kids and three dogs… Then I found out instead of moving to PA we are now moving to GA. I figure as long as my kids are fed and happy life is good.

Amy April 27, 2017 at 9:43 pm

Oh my word, your son is so cute. That’s awesome that he was able to read to the hair stylist. And that sandwich looks amazing!

brittany ASHMORE April 28, 2017 at 1:51 am

That is so cool about the haircut place!!!!!!!!!!! That would save so much money!!!!!!!!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy April 29, 2017 at 2:02 pm

It looks like you had a blast with your Mimi! 🙂 Looks like you have many fun things for kids to do!

Kristin Davies April 29, 2017 at 9:49 pm

I love that Make Life Colorful Sign! I saw it on your instagram and had to pause, it was so cute!

Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries May 1, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Looks like so much fun!! My daughter used to love Peek-A-Who — it was one of her favorites!!