Yesterday, after staring at my planner for what seemed like hours, I was amazed to see that we’re nearing the end of March. Amazed because it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Remy Bea’s first birthday — but it was two whole months ago!
Every single day with little kids feels like the.longest.day.ever. Everyday is jam-packed with commitments, errands, and the mundane; but somehow, we blink, and another week, month, and year have passed.
A dear friend of mine recently told me she thinks I’m crazy for keeping my schedule as jam-packed as it is; that I leave very little room for ‘down time.’ But also, that she commends me for keeping my kids active and involved in things — whether that be karate, playdates, or weekly trips to the art museum!
And this past week was no different. Well, minus one little thing:
I sent my husband on a Guys Trip to Wilmington, North Carolina to golf for 5 and a half days.
He had a blast, and we did a great job at surviving! 🙂
Here’s what we’ve been up to in the last week:
- I took Ari to see The Little Mermaid ballet at the Akron Civic Theater. Despite my child’s affinity for all things Disney and all things artsy, he was bored. Cotton candy helped. Eh, win some, lose some, friends.
When you try and take a selfie with your four year old…. sigh. He was totally staring at the stage waiting for the Little Mermaid ballet to start! • • • • • • @akroncivic #thelittlemermaid #northeastohio #momlife #exploreakron #akron #akronOH #akronohio #ohio #OH #akroncivictheater #akroncivic #exploreohio #exploreakron #explorelocal #ballet #bloggerlife #documentyourdays #happymom #happymommy #instakids #letthembekids #NEO
- Before our ballet excursion, Ari and I went on lunch date at our favorite spot — Retro Dog! I know I’ve talked about Retro Dog previously, but it’s seriously one of our favorite spots. They serve hot dogs, burgers, fries, onion rings, custard, and beer from Thirsty Dog Brewing. The couple that owns it is originally from Buffalo and their hot dogs are a Buffalo staple — Sahlen’s!
- Ari’s karate session ended with a bang — or a HIYA! But not to fret, T-Ball starts this week. (PS. I’ve been informed that of all of the local leagues, we signed Ari up for the most intense and most serious league in our area. Ooooops. Makes sense since they have two practices this week alone… for t-ball….).
- Pi(e) day was a success! Thank you, Sweet Mary’s! Your French Toast Pie did not disappoint!
PS. Can it be Pi Day every day!?!
Happy Pi(e) Day! We’re celebrating with this yummy French Toast pie from @sweetmarysbakery! Also? Confetti. Because some days you just need to throw around some confetti and eat pie in your pajamas. 😛 • • • • • • • #piday #piday2017 #pieday #sweetmarysbakery #happymommy #happymom #documentyourdays #akron #akronOH #akronohio #ohio #exploreohio #exploreakron #explorelocal #eatlocal #foodie #instayum #localfoods #northeastohio #NEO #ohiolove #OH #pastry #sweets #shoplocal #confetti
- After months of false starts, Miss Bea finally started (and kept) walking. She’s taken steps before — up to 8 in a row — but this was the first time she just kept going. And she hasn’t stopped! Hooray!
- One of the highlights of my weekend was getting a fabulous bright yellow cup from Starbucks. It made the gloomy weather completely worth it.
And this week I’m ready to take on my own happiness, ya’ll. Here’s my Weekly Mantra: