Whether you’re a new mom of one, two, or seven, the first year with a new baby is tough! Now that we’ve made it to the other side of that first year (hooray!) with Miss Bea, I want to share the things that helped make this transition a whole heck of alot easier!
- Seventh Generation Wipes. See, you can easily make the simple mistake of buying cheap wipes. However, once you either use thirty for a single diaper change, or — worse yet — end up with poop on your hand, you know that those thin wipes must go! I love Seventh Generation wipes because they are thick and get the job done. We subscribe and save our wipes from Amazon so that we never even have to run out to the store to get them! They’re delivered to us once a month so we never run out!
- Ergobaby Carrier. My Ergobaby is my lifesaver — especially with the transition of one to two kids! It has made it easier for me to do everything, from grocery shopping to preschool drop-off; from making lunches to changing laundry; this carrier is life-changing, ya’ll.
- A Nose Frida. I know, I know… Gross, right?? Wrong. First of all, it’s your own kids snot. Second of all, just because you are sucking on the end of this nasal aspirator, doesn’t mean you’re sucking snot. You’re just pulling the snot through with the suction of your moth. Not gross. And super easy! Way easier than those balls they hand out at the hospital! I promise!
- Baby Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit. I put off this purchase for way longer than I should have. I mean, $39 for (what looks like) a giant snow suit? My thought for months was “We can survive without it.” Ya’ll, I wish we would’ve just bought it from the start. This thing is magical! It’s perfect for once a child can get out of a swaddle, but still need that feeling of security.
- Chicco Travel Seat. We skipped the fancy/bulky highchair both times around. Why bother? They take up so much space! Instead we opted for this clever snap-on seat. Not only is it portable, but it’s lightweight. Truthfully, we keep it at home almost all of the time; but, if absolutely needed, we take it with us to a restaurant.
- Car Seat Poncho. Between snow and rain, our babies cannot catch a break! Especially since it’s dangerous to put your kiddos in the car seat with a coat! This car seat poncho is a genius way around the great coat debacle. I’m able to easily transport Miss Bea from the house, to her car seat, and into the Ergobaby without once having to remove her poncho. It keeps her warm and cozy and safe from the elements.
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to win a $25 credit to Plays In Puddles boutique — to use on any in-stock item of your choice (including the car seat poncho!).
**Disclosure: I received a car seat poncho in exchange for my honest thoughts and review. As always, all opinions herein are my own. **