Weekly Mantra  //

January 2, 2017 in mantra

This seems to be a regular occurrence as of late, but, this week is already not going as intended. And, at this point, I’m flat out heartbroken. See, Remy Bea began vomiting Saturday evening. And it has yet to stop. And I feel like the biggest failure in the world because somehow we can’t shake this stomach virus.

I’m grateful that after many hours of waiting, Remy Bea finally wet a diaper last night. It was touch-and-go with the “are we going to end up in the hospital again??” questions, back and forth, between Chad and I.

I’m not content right now. I can’t be. I’m on edge. I feel like I can’t take a deep breath or sigh of relief until this whole sickness is far, far, behind us.

I really wish I could be back at work tomorrow. I know this seems silly, but tomorrow is the beginning of a new session for us at work. That means new gymnastics classes starting. And, instead of being there to meet new students and parents and help them get on their way with what may be their first ever gymnastics class, I’ll be at home with a sick Remy Bea, while another girl covers my classes. Bummer.

Also? I’m getting mega, mega, stir crazy. I haven’t worked since Thursday, December 22nd. And I’ve been at home with sick kiddos much of the rest of the time. Sigh.

All of this aside, I’m happy that I’m able to be here with my two little sickies, taking care of them myself. Sure, it’s totally overwhelming; but I’d rather be here than at some high-stress job, getting extra stressed out because my kiddos are sick. Gosh, a lot has changed in a year!

Weekly Mantra:

This just seems like an incredibly appropriate mantra for the first week of 2017. Nope, no resolutions here; just pushing myself forward and upward!

Have a healthy and happy week, friends! xo

Trista January 4, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I hope you can get rid of that stomach virus once and for all. Having a sick kiddo is definitely the worst… And going stir crazy is not any fun for kiddos or mom. Here’s to a happy and healthy 2017!

Nicole Banuelos January 5, 2017 at 12:59 pm

I’m with you.. I didn’t make any resolutions but I did make a few goals that I hope to accomplish before 2018!

Suzanne Hines January 7, 2017 at 8:59 pm

I’m so sorry, Mama. Our Tera got the stomach virus on Christmas day. We had driven a lot of hours to be with family and we had to almost immediately turn around and leave. I was so, so bummed so I can totally understand your discouragement.
I hope that she continues to feel better and better!

Savanna January 7, 2017 at 9:59 pm

I am loving your mantra, but I hope your household gets better ASAP, we’ve been pretty sick over here too.

Justine Y @ Little Dove January 8, 2017 at 1:16 am

Ohhh.. I love that mantra. But seriously, I am SO sorry that she is so sick! It’s the worst feeling to be so helpless when your little one is ill. And it’s no fun for anyone being stuck in the house all the time!

Patricia January 8, 2017 at 8:19 am

Sick,dodos is the worst! I hope that things get back to normal for you all soon!

jessica January 8, 2017 at 8:43 am

We had the stomach virus for a solid 6 days in our house, I totally get how you’re feeling mama! I’m still trying to get caught up on life after that.

Coppelia January 8, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Awww! I hope your baby feels better soon! And the quote about your tribe not letting you play small really resonated with me. I feel like it’s so easy to shrink back and stay in the comfort zone, but this year is a great one to give it our all and shine! I can do all things thru Christ! 🙂

Amber Starr January 8, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Oh no, having sick kiddos is so tough! I hope that the sickness leaves your house ASAP and you can get back to some normalcy.

Beth Newcomb January 8, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Lifting you up love! Hopefully week 2 will run more smoothly for you!

Jaclyn January 9, 2017 at 9:35 am

yay for a wet diaper! omgsh it’s seriously so stressful when they’re sick and you know they’re not wetting enough. So happy they’re on the mend!

Taylor January 9, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Oh no! I’m so sorry sweet momma! I hope this stomach bug mess goes away soon! Seeing our little ones sick is so scary sometimes!