That time I decided not to post about Remy Bea turning 11 months.

January 10, 2017 in #MomLife,Ari Davis,busy mom,children,family,life,life with a toddler,live happy,mommyhood,Moosh,parenthood,pictures,toddler boys

Guys, I’ve had a draft for Remy Bea’s 11 month update in process for, like, weeks. And… well, I just can’t. Because other than her being a lot more mobile as of late, not much has changed.

Actually, here’s what has changed since her 10 month update:

• She is eating even more than before, which I didn’t think was humanly possible. I’m surprised this kid isn’t a tank, seriously.
  • But she hasn’t gained any more weight than her 10 month update (which makes her — still — very small).
  • And she’s almost walking. I say almost because this chick is way too lazy to walk. She can walk along furniture and her walker, but she knows that when she needs to get from Point A to Point B, it’s much faster to crawl and hustle.
  • Oh, and she’s still not sleeping. Like, at all. And it sucks.

It really, really, sucks.

I can’t even put it more eloquently than that. My mind is fried from 11 months of not sleeping. Words… sentences… metaphors… they all escape me. The only word that makes sense is ‘sucks.’ And it, well, sucks.

But I’d be lying if I said that there’s something that I have learned over the last 11 months. And that is that those fleeting good moments? They are really, really, good.

For instance, last night I had a ‘sleepover’ with Ari. This amazing little four year old man (yes, man, because he is such an old soul), restored my energy. No, not because he slept particularly well; but because sometimes you need to snuggle a four-year old all night. And sometimes you need to hear “Mommy? I just really, really, love you.”

Besides telling me he loves me a whole lot, he also told me that he’s going to marry me tomorrow (and followed it up with a kiss on the nose and the forehead — melt my damn heart!). ❤️

Babies are cute, y’all. But that’s pretty much as good as it gets until they can speak. Until then it seems like an endless cycle of: cry, look cute, cry, smile to restore your faith, cry again, poop all over you, cry, and giggle. And then cry again.

Perhaps we have the perfect combination of a ridiculously miserable baby and a ridiculously sweet toddler. Maybe that’s why a little time with Ari can feel so restorative. He’s the yin to her yang; He’s the calm to her crazy.

Don’t get me wrong: this child can still drive me bonkers, too. But it’s the kind of bonkers I can handle (aka – the toddler variety). And I’m sure we’ll get to that point soon enough (probably as soon as I hit “publish” on this post); but for now I’m basking in the awesomeness that is a night filled with toddler smooches, movie night snuggles, and an occasional foot in the face.

Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope someone looks at you today the way that Ari looks at me as he kisses me on the nose. 😍😍

Hanna Smith January 11, 2017 at 8:11 am

Love snuggling my three year old son! The nose kisses also make EVERYTHING better!

Leighann January 11, 2017 at 8:14 am

Aw! What a sweetheart your toddler is! I have two 11 month old boys and I agree, as tired as I get, the good moments are SO good. At the same time, I can’t wait until they can snuggle and tell me they love me, haha!

Sheila January 11, 2017 at 9:43 am

What a sweetheart you have! I hear you on the no sleep thing! My son still doesn’t sleep well and he is almost 2! But he has been doing better. There is hope, mama! 😉

Holly January 11, 2017 at 9:46 am

I had a good sleeper from 4 – 10 mo. Then she got her first tooth and we went into a 6 month spiral of no sleep, teething, sickness and constant night nursing. Coming up for air now and I said with the New Year we are not night nursing anymore and she needs to freaking sleep. So we are in the midst of some sleep training right now.

Rachel January 11, 2017 at 12:54 pm

I feel like we were doing SO well with sleep training! We had a good two weeks of sleeping okay-ish. And then when we all got sick it went downhill fast 😢

Aly Funk January 11, 2017 at 9:58 am

What a sweet, little man! I felt the same about posting about my daughter with her monthly updates. It goes by so fast!

Bonnie Marrow January 11, 2017 at 10:43 am

Keep it up momma!

Kate January 11, 2017 at 12:15 pm

Ari is so sweet. I sure hope, for your sake, that Miss Remy Bea grows up to be, like, the chillest toddler that ever there was because YOU DESERVE A BREAK!

Dawn Darnell January 11, 2017 at 3:49 pm

That is the sweetest little post.

Megan January 11, 2017 at 11:18 pm

What a sweet little man. The baby years are crazy. We are done having kids and when I see a mom with a young baby now I feel for her. Gone are the days of crying and pooping and I’m ok with that. Hang in there. xo ~ Megan

Amber Battishill January 12, 2017 at 8:47 am

I unfortunately have a non-sleeper too. It’s rough, really rough. We have decent naps with the help of DockATot but I don’t use it at night because of safe sleep guidelines. Last night was was the first time that she slept more than 5 hours straight (she’s going to be 1 on the 25th). I hope you gets real and rest soon!

Lexi January 12, 2017 at 10:24 am

I am so impressed you get updates up at all! The sleep deprivation is real! Hang in there, mama.

anna strazi January 12, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Oh my! What a little sweetheart! I can’t wait to hear my daughter tell me she loves me!

Tamara January 13, 2017 at 9:11 am

Kids sure know how to suck the life out of use.

Beth Newcomb January 13, 2017 at 1:24 pm

What a sweet little man! And girl, I feel you. All of a sudden K just doesn’t sleep. 😨 And she’s going to be walking anytime, but like Remy she’s all about the crawl & hustle. 😂❤