Wait. Didn’t I just post Remy Bea’s 8 month update!? I mean, seriously! Moms always say “time flies!” and I’m totally guilty. But this last month has gone by quicker than any of the others!
I mean, technically girlfriend is 9 months PLUS two weeks old already! Things have just been that busy! And even more has happened this last month! It’s insane!
Let’s recap, shall we friends?
- Shortly after she turned 8 months old, she started crawling. It all started with a bowl of rice and chicken I was eating. She was across the room and, apparently, wanted some. So she army-crawled her little booty across the room.
- Still no bottle or cup. Boo, hiss. But seriously, she’ll have to learn to take one eventually, right!?
- Girlfriend suffers from some pretty serious separation anxiety. Over me. And it’s not cool. She will literally watch me from across the room. The other day I left her at home with Chad and she gave me the saddest eyes on the way out the door. Heartbreaking. For reals. Mama’s girl to the MAX.
- Remy Bea weighs in at a whopping 15 pounds, 3 ounces. So, really, just a few ounces from where she was weighing in at her 7 month weigh-in! That puts her at the 2nd percentile for weight. Still. Despite all of her eating! The doctor doesn’t seem to be concerned. He just says that she’s a petite baby.
- The sleep situation. Girlfriend still doesn’t sleep well. However, she’s been sleeping more than before. So, just a few more hours a night. I mean, it’s absolutely better than before. But she’s still waking up about 3-5 times per night to eat. Rough, right?? Absolutely freaking right! But at least she’s sleeping-ish!
- She’s my little explorer. And we’re in mega trouble already. She is already getting into everything. For what little baby-proofing we had to do with Ari, we’re realizing we’ll need to do some super-proofing for Miss Bea.
- All of the babbles! It’s super cute (and loud!). But her most clear word, still, is Mama. And she says it on repeat.
- Her brother is her best friend. Everything he does, she finds to be absolutely fascinating!
- Miss Bea also really loves Ari’s toys. Especially his Transformers, his Hot Wheel cars, and his stuffed animals. It’s super funny to see her playing already!
- The double BOB stroller has been a lifesaver — for both of us! Not only am I able to run with both kiddos, but she really loves being in the stroller. She doesn’t always nap in it, but she definitely doesn’t cry! She just looks around, in wonder, at all of the fall foliage! It’s cute!
- OMG I forgot to mention she’s in her crib! I mean, yes, her crib is still very much in my room, but still! Progress is progress, right!?
- I’m sure you can guess, based on her size, but she’s still in 3-6 month clothes. Oh, and some 0-3 month onesies! I do have her in a couple of 6-9 month sleepers, and, in length, they are a bit tight. But they are huge everywhere else.
The days are still long — really truckin’ long, friends. But I am absolutely in love with this child. I mean, yes, I have always been in love with her. But given a little bit of sleep and a few smiles, that love is just overwhelming!