Hey! We survived another month! I mean, it wasn’t easy. And it certainly was not pretty. But we survived a whole half year! Holy smokes!
Before I get into a Remy Bea update, let me just tell you that I’m still depressed. Although, talking about it — both online and in person — has totally helped. It helps because I know I’m not alone and I know I’m not crazy.
But enough about me…
Here’s a Six Month Update:
- She is 13 lbs and 7 ounces — which officially puts her at the 7th-ish percentile for weight! So she went from 3rd to 7th!
- I swore she was “tall.” But it turns out she’s still definitely below average for her age. Ha! Her height is officially 25.5 inches!
- Clothes. Clothes are tough. She comfortably fits into 0-3 month onesies. They actually fit her quite perfectly! But she needs 3-6 month pants in length. Her waist is so teeny tiny! All of her pants fall off of her. And the waist on her rompers is quite large.
- Sophie the Giraffe is her jam. Ari never really liked Sophie. But Remy won’t let go of her.
- She’s still not sleeping. We average about 2 hours a night and 2-fifteen minute naps per day. No exaggeration. I’m not going to say anymore. Cause it’s depressing. Mega, mega depressing.
- She had her first taste of ‘people food.’ About a week ago she tried sweet potatoes. She hated them. But last night she had carrots and loved them! I mean, she still did a visible shudder with each bite, but the doctor assured me that it’s likely a texture thing versus a taste thing. I mean, she kept going for the spoon, so I’d have to believe he’s right!
- In the last month she ended up on yet another round of intense antibiotics for yet another UTI. This poor kid!
- She hates — I mean hates — tummy time! I’m not certain she wants to crawl. I know Ari didn’t crawl until about 8 months, and then walked at 10 months, so I’m not too concerned.
- Her brother is her most favorite person in the universe. He’s the only person who can make her laugh and the biggest smiles come from seeing him! ♥ It’s amazing.
- Girlfriend has some pretty spectacular hand-eye coordination. She picks up small objects and transfers them back and forth pretty impressively, if I do say so myself.
- Miss Bea is 100% a Mama’s girls. Still.
- Still no bottle. Blah! And comfort nursing. 🙁
Sure, it’s been rough. But I’m still in love with her. She’s lucky she’s so damn cute. For real.
Fingers crossed things improve over this next month! ♥ ♥