This is Ari. Remember him?
Let me just start by saying, I freaking love this age! He’s so … so … awesome!
- He talks. A lot. And about everything. The only times I actually wish he would stop talking are: 1. When Remy is screaming and crying and I am dealing with her. and, 2. When I’m trying to get them both to sleep.
- Kids YouTube is his jam. Especially Hobby Kids TV and Ryan’s Toy Review. If you’ve never seen these, you clearly don’t have YouTube-loving toddlers. If you have, you feel my pain. But this dude loves it.
- He loves to snuggle. Yes, we are still co-sleeping. And it’s totally fine because it works for us right now. The best part is that he says and does things that are just so ‘adult-like,’ it’s ridiculous. For instance, the other day I woke up to Ari staring gently into my eyes, while gently rubbing my arm up and down. When I opened my eyes he smiled and said, “Mommy! It’s a sunny day!”
- His favorite food is pizza. Sigh. Kid after my own darn heart!
- Bugs are his enemy. I mean, he truly loses his s**t over bugs. It was funny for like a second. Now? Now it’s super frustrating.
- His vocabulary is out of this world. Also? He knows things. I don’t know how he is so smart, but he is. I credit Kids YouTube and all of the awesome Netflix and Amazon shows.
- My child is actually funny. On purpose. For instance, the one day I was talking really slowly to scold Ari. And then? Ari called me out on it. He said “Flash, Flash, hundred yard dash!” from Zootopia. And I started DYING with laughter. Oops!
- People like him. A lot. I thought *I* just liked him because he’s my kid. But no. He’s a genuinely cool kid. And people like his personality. So yay for that!
Pretty much, this kid slays me. He’s, just, incredible. I absolutely adore him.
Just in case you were wondering, or something. 😉 ♥ ♥ ♥