OK, first and foremost there will be some TMI in this post. You’ve been warned. 😛 Perhaps this post is only for people who are totally, totally, OK with the honesty of childbirth. And also, Moms. All moms can handle this stuff. 🙂
Another note, I’m totally, totally, suffering from Mommy/Newborn brain. Some words escape me and some sentences no longer make sense. Chad came in the room while I was sleeping the other night and asked where Ari’s pullups were… for the life of me I could not get out a clear sentence. That’s just life right now, folks. So keep that in mind as you read through this blog post. Perhaps there are grammatical errors… perhaps some sentences don’t make sense… that’s just the real talk of my life right now!
- Remy’s head is so perfectly round that she looks like a c-section baby. She was only in the birth canal for a short period of time (like, super, super short), so her head is just so beautifully round! ♥
- Even though I pushed her out at only 7cm dilated, I didn’t have one. single. tear. Seriously. Not even like a first degree (papercut) of a tear. I’m so grateful for my doctors for helping make that happen (even though I kicked them in the process). Oh, and my body. Because, guess what? Our bodies are A-MAZING. Seriously.
- It’s amazing how much more flat my belly has gotten in a week this time around versus when I had Ari. I’m guessing this has something to do with nursing versus pumping. Oh, and also? not having much of an appetite because of the sickness I have going on.
- Little Miss Remy Bea has been a champ at both nursing and sleeping over this last week. Even on the first night in the hospital, she slept for 6 hours straight overnight! Since then she hasn’t quite slept that long… but we do go about 3 hours at night between feedings! Hooray!
- On Monday, when she was just 2 days old, we went on our first outing to Target and Babies R Us for a few things. It felt glorious to get out.
- I pretty much stopped postpartum bleeding in just a few days. Which is incredible, considering.
- In all of Ari’s infancy, we had never been peed on by him. In just one week, Remy Bea has peed on us at least 6 or 7 times. Like, straight in the air, peeing for days, kinda peeing on us. Whoever says boys will pee on you as soon as they hit cold air are very, very, wrong. Either that or we’ve been very lucky (with Moosh) and unlucky (with Remy Bea).
- The ol’ saying that you have to put your own oxygen mask on first is totally true. I’m learning that, especially as I am struggling to find an adequate time to eat. It seems that every time I need to eat, Remy Bea needs to cluster-feed.
- I slept on the couch for the better part of our first week at home. We didn’t want to throw too many transitions at Ari at one time… so we let him continue to sleep in “Mommies bed” with Chad the whole week. Plus, I wanted to sleep closer to the bathroom. 🙂
And yes, her two week post will be up before we know it. Oops!