Yesterday Miss Remy Bea turned one month old. It amazes me that time has flown by this quickly already. But also I keep thinking, “really? just one month??” Because it feels like the longest and shortest month of my entire life.
There have been a lot of ups and downs.
- She has been super alert since day one. Of course, she can’t focus on anything, but her eyes are almost always open. Well, when she’s awake, at least. She also has been smiling and giggling since the first week, too. So strange — and awesome!
- Speaking of being awake, she spent the first few weeks of her life awake (and screaming) nearly all night long. Over the past few days she’s gotten a bit better and started sleeping some at night.
- By her 4-4:30am feeding she refuses to go back in her rock and play to sleep. I have to keep her right next to me in bed for her to fall asleep again. [I know, I know… ABC. Alone, back, crib. But every mom I’ve talked to said we have to do what we have to do those first couple of months.]
- She’s been nursing like a champ still. Which is helpful. Buuuut she won’t take a bottle. Yet. I’m working on it.
- Which means my life is, once again, nursing and pumping.
- I checked her weight on an at-home scale a couple of weeks ago and she was up to 8 pounds. That’s a whole pound up from birth weight! But we’ll get the official weight on Thursday at her one-month well-baby checkup.
- We celebrated her one-month with a full moon — just the way she came into this world!
- Unfortunately, it appears she’s colicky. I didn’t think we would be ‘blessed’ with two colicky babies.