We have been busy busy bees as of late. But we’ve also managed to sneak in weekend naps and late PJ mornings on the weekends as much as possible.
This weekend, however, may be the exact opposite. There are so many exciting things going on and I’m going to try and squeeze in as many as possible! If you’re in Northeast Ohio, I hope you’ll check some of these out! Maybe I’ll even see you there?!
For The Fitness Fanatics //
- Community Yoga // lululemon athletica Akron Showroom // Free // Saturday, 9 am – 10 am
A free all-levels class for the local yogis! Arrive a few minutes early, bring a mat and some water!
- SUP Yoga // Portage Lakes, Release Yoga // $33 // Saturday, 9 am – 10:30 am
This is the second year that Release Yoga has offered a weekly SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Yoga class! What a fun and unique way to get a workout in! Pre-registration is required here.
- Northcoast 5k // Kent // $30 // Saturday, 9:30 am
If you’re looking to fit in a fun run this weekend, head to Kent and squeeze in a quick 5k! Awards take place post-race at the Water Street Tavern where finishers enjoy a free beer (21 and over, of course!), a $2 happy hour until 9 pm, and admission into the NPC Northcoast Championship Fitness Show, which is taking place on KSU’s campus! Register here!
For The Locavores + Craft Show Lovers //
- Crafty Mart // Thirsty Dog Brewing Company // Free // Saturday, 11 am – 5 pm
Head down to Akron’s own favorite brewery for live music, crafty finds from incredible vendors, food, and brews! These events bring everything wonderful about Akron to one central location and one time! If you haven’t been, I highly recommend stopping by! More information can be found via the Facebook event page!
- Sunday Market // Hingetown, Cleveland // Free // Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm
The Cleveland Flea Hingetown Market is back! And the focus is brunch! I’m incredibly excited to visit one of my favorite little places, Hingetown, for the second year of their Sunday Markets!
- Vicious Cycle, a Lynyrd Skynyrd Cover Band // Lock 3, Akron // Free // Friday, 7 pm
The Friday night concert series at Lock 3 is back and if rocking out with a lot of other people is your thing, then this is for you. Bonus? Free parking and lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance.
- Marc’s Great American Rib Cook Off // Jacob’s Pavilion, Cleveland // $8 // Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 12 pm – 11 pm, Monday, 12 pm – 8 pm
Lots of options for BBQ, beer, and music. Kids 12 and under are free! You can find more info here.
However you choose to spend your long weekend, I hope you spend it surrounded by family and friends!