One of the things that’s been shocking to me over the last month or so is how aware Moosh is of Christmas this year. I mean, he’s only two; and we’ve very rarely (if ever?) mentioned the jolly fat man. But apparently he caught on all on his own!
Right after Thanksgiving we saw the fake Christmas trees in Target and he immediately pointed at them from afar and yelled “Ho, ho! Mommy! Ho, ho!” Which, as a mom, is an incredible thing to hear — your child connect the dots all on their own.
And thus my excitement grew for Christmas. I can honestly say that I’ve never been THIS excited about any holiday before in my life. The tree is up; I’ve made TWO batches of cookies (one a double batch, the second just because I wanted him to cut out cookies again with me); we are in the process of making our second gingerbread house; and, heck!, I even went shopping on black Friday!
Another thing that’s been really clear is that he definitely has an interest in specific things this year. Sure, he can’t say he WANTS them (not exactly, at least); but the dude has interests…
- NERF Gun. He started playing with one at a friends house and he loved it! Technically Santa is bringing two of these. What fun is one? You’ve gotta have two so that you can ‘battle’ each other. (Something tells me Daddy is going to have just as much fun with this.)
- A Microphone. He loves to sing. And I have been singing since I was his age. I definitely want him to continue to belt Frozen songs at the top of his lungs.
- LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDI Tablet. He’ll have his own “iPad” and won’t have to use Mommy & Daddy’s! Tons of educational games. This kid is ready.
- A baby doll in a backpack! He loves pushing around a doll stroller, but right now he just pushes his trains in it (or he gets in it and makes us push him — yes, he fits. Sigh.). So he’s going to love having a baby to actually push around.
- Big boy undies! Hoping these will help to encourage him to use the potty. No rush; Santa is just showing a little encouragement, that’s all. 😉
- Membership to the Akron Zoo. Last year we went every single week, even if it was just for an hour. It’s easy enough to get in and out of, and is very rarely packed.
- Melissa & Doug Tool Kit. Ever since discovering Wreck It Ralph, he’s been obsessed with hammering and pounding things. Such a boy.
- Thomas everything. The choo choo obsession is neverending. Sigh.
- Frozen CD. The only CD I have bought in ages. Because it will stay in my car and we will listen to it on repeat as he sings/screams “Love is an open dooooooor!”
I am so anxious for Christmas! I cannot wait to see the look on his face when he sees the tree on Christmas morning! Tell me I’m not the only parent who feels this way!?!