Saturday the 16th was Ari’s four month birthday. I can’t believe it’s been four months already.
I swear over the last month we’ve seen the most dramatic changes in this kid. I guess we noticed these changes more developmentally than we did physically. That is, until we really compared his physical development:
– He’s still eating about the same amount as the last couple of months, which is a lot! But it’s steady and my milk supply is still decent. Although I’ve been adding some supplements into my diet to help keep my supply up.
– Over the course of the month he’s been reaching for his bottle. He’ll reach for it [while we’re holding it] and he’ll bring it to his mouth. Just last week he started actually holding onto his bottle. I’ve let go of it, and he’ll still hold it to his mouth and feed himself. It’s so awesome!
– He’s still sleeping in the Nap Nanny in his Pack N Play, which is currently in our bedroom for convenience purposes. Because he’s still waking up every 2-3 hours to eat. It’s a struggle, but it’s just our reality at this point.
– Pretty much as soon as I hit ‘publish’ on his 3-month post, we were in size 2 diapers.
– And he’s officially out of 0-3 month clothes and onto his 3-6 month clothes! This literally just happened a few days ago. But my tiny little guy is still kinda swimming in the 3-6 month clothes! He’s only 13.5 pounds!
– We had our first official date night! He did [and we did] wonderfully!
– He’s so happy in the mornings. When I wake him up, I’ll say “good morning, Ari!” and he smiles the biggest smile!
– He still absolutely loves going to the sitter. And we’ve loved having her watch him. She’s teaching him all of the things that we wish we could teach him ourselves — like how to reach for someone. Just yesterday he realized that he didn’t have to reach. In fact, he was kinda feelin’ like he wanted to stay with mommy, so he turned away from the sitter and snuggled into my chest [cutest thing EVER!].
– He recently found his toes! He reaches and reaches for them whenever he is sitting up.
– That’s right, he’s [kind of] sitting up. The sitter has worked on him getting accustomed to the Bumbo seat, which is helping him sit up. Just the other day he was laying on his back at an angle on my stomach, and he used his core to lift himself up into a seated position! It was awesome!
– He just started to make faces when he poops. He’ll furrow his brow and grunt a little and then… best part… he laughs! Bahaha! Oh, kid! Poop is definitely funny.
– When I’m giving him a bath, it sounds like he’s pounding on the walls! He kicks the side of the tub like crazy! And it’s hilarious.
– I feel like a mama monkey. I haven’t yet confessed this to all of you, but I’m constantly ‘picking’ at him. I pick at his ears, his nose, his toes, etc. I feel like I constantly have to ‘groom’ him!
– We’re in a routine! It took a while, but we found it! More on that later, but you know how much I love a good schedule! So, hooray!
PS. Baby picture overload? #SorryI’mNotSorry