Fitness Fridays // getting Pretty Muddy!

January 18, 2013 in Columbus,fitness,health,running,Team Pretty Muddy,workout

When I manifested my dreams for this year, I put a lot of energy and thought into what I need more of in my life. More health, more fun, more smiles.

More running.

I went from working out nearly everyday, to getting pregnant. Turns out nothing is providing me with more motivation like my post-baby body. Oy.

The post-baby body is a fickle creature. It’s been through so much in the last 12 months. Endured trials, tribulations, miracles and stretch marks. Oh, the stretch marks!

Well I already put my 2013 running intentions in action. I’m easing back into it [after a failed attempt to go all-out on a run — yeah, that didn’t end well. I’m way more out of shape than I thought!]. But I did sign up for the Pretty Muddy 5k in Columbus, held this September — which means I have time to train!

pmsticker3

Pretty Muddy is a women-only, obstacle course, mud race! How fun is that?!

Our local race is held in Columbus, but there are events in Georgia, Virginia, Florida, Illinois and Texas, too!

And through January 31st you can register for your local Pretty Muddy race at a discounted rate. Enter code GIRLTIME in the promo code box and save $10 off of the early registration fee.

For all of my favorite Ohio friends, I hope you’re able to run with me in Columbus this September! ๐Ÿ™‚

Disclosure: As part of Team Pretty Muddy Columbus, my registration has been provided to me.
I have not received any financial compensation. But all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Amanda January 18, 2013 at 6:46 am

I may look into this if my fitness goals keep going well.

Susan
Twitter: suddenlysus
January 18, 2013 at 7:58 am

I was between this and the color me rad race… I think that’s in Aug. I know I won’t be able to do two… Let me contemplate ๐Ÿ˜‰

Julie January 18, 2013 at 11:45 am

Oh that sounds soo fun!! I’m hoping to do my first race this year ๐Ÿ™‚

Jenny
Twitter: americanrninnz
January 18, 2013 at 4:38 pm

In Virginia, you say? Interesting! I have just barely scratched the surface for looking at fitness things to do in W’burg once baby #2 arrives, but this sounds fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Mich January 19, 2013 at 10:35 am

Thats so awesome!!!!
We have a competition like that here too but its not all women, I think it would be even more fun if it was all women.

Go for it girl! a\And you better post mud covered photos when you finish ๐Ÿ™‚

Jen @ A Daily Dose of Davis January 19, 2013 at 11:00 pm

This race looks AWESOME!!! I have been wanting to do some sort of mud run this year so I need to check out the date of the Illinois race!!! I am so proud of you for jumping right back in honey. I know FIRST HAND how awful the post-baby-body can feel and that’s why I started running in the first place. We need this for our mind, body and spirit!!! Thanks so much for linking up again sweetie!! xoxo

LWLH January 20, 2013 at 2:20 pm