Yesterday was not only Ari’s first day with the sitter [which went fabulously, by the way], but it was also his 3-month birthday!
– He’s continuing bottle feeding with pumped milk. And the amount he’s been eating has leveled off [which is a relief since I was concerned about supply when I returned to work].
– He’s sleeping at night! Hooray!! This is a huge step for us. Chad and I went from sleeping in shifts so someone would always be awake with our little night owl, to him sleeping from about 9pm – 8am. Which sounds awesome except he still wakes consistently every 2.5 to 3 hours to eat.
– Last month he went from wearing newborn diapers to size 1. Now we’re pushing the limits on those size ones. In fact, I think we’re on our last few weeks of them.
– His 0-3 month clothes are finally starting to get a bit snug. He can wear some of his 3-6 months clothes [just seeing ‘6 months’ seems really weird!].
– We celebrated our first Christmas as a family! Not only was it our first Christmas with Ari, but it was our first Christmas a married couple [and our 5th Christmas together!].
– He has been smiling and reacting non-stop! If you smile at Ari, he smiles back this huge, toothless, wide-mouthed grin and lets out a little giggle and head shake. It’s freakin’ adorable. I’d say a lot of our time is spent trying to make Ari smile these days.
– Yesterday, on his 3-month birthday, he let out his first actual laughs! No more half laughing/half coughing! Which means we spent a lot of time trying to do things that he thought were funny.
– We accidentally missed his 2-month well-baby visit [I thought it was Friday, turns out it was the previous day — oops]. So I rescheduled it. Then we chose to cancel it because the family practice we go to doesn’t have a well-child area. And with all of the nasty cases of the flu, I wasn’t taking any chances.
– But we did weigh him at home. And according to our measurements, he’s coming in around 13 pounds.
– He still loves bath time. And we’ve incorporated bath time as part of our nightly routine — GUYS!! We have a ROUTINE! You know how much I love routine!! He kicks and splashes like he’s on a serious mission.
– Speaking of serious, when he isn’t open-mouth grinning, he’s still got Angry Face. Yep, that “WTF Are You Looking At?” look. That’s my babycakes!
– Ari D, Babycakes, Punky, Peanut. When naked [or only wearing a diaper] we call you Nakey Baby.
He’s changed so much in the last month and I’m loving how much of a personality he’s developing. It’s definitely making the exhausting aspects of parenting a bit easier seeing how happy he is. 🙂