oh baby! 32 weeks!

August 17, 2012 in Oh baby!

How far along? 32 weeks + 4 days!

How big is the baby? Still weighing in between 2.5 – 3.8 pounds and between 15.2 – 16.7 inches long. Measurements, even with ultrasounds, have about a 2-pound margin of error. So even when you think the weight is accurate, it really is just a guess.

Total weight gain? 32 pounds! Eek! I’m trying not to let it freak me out too much. I gained 5-lbs between my two week appointments. The doctors seem to think it’s normal, so I suppose I will too!

Stretch marks? The number of them around my belly button are increasing. Still not concerned.

Sleep: Increasingly hard to come by. Waking up about 4-times a night to pee. Also waking when I’m uncomfortable.

Movements: Still moving a lot. I love looking down and seeing my belly move while I’m sitting at work!

Food cravings: Chipotle. Like, wish Chipotle delivered, types of cravings. Like almost cried when I found out Chad ate Chipotle without me for lunch yesterday {and then totally made him go with me for dinner}.

Food aversions: Grilled chicken. I’m all good with the breaded chicken these days!

What I miss: Being able to paint my toes and shave my legs. Today my goal is to schedule a pedicure for right around week 39!

What I’m looking forward to: Finishing clearing out the nursery this weekend! And putting up the dresser so I can start putting his clothes away. I don’t know why, but I’m dying to do this!

Other notes: I’m starting to get nervous about preterm labor. I’ve had some light cramping and back pain about once or twice a day. I’ve heard it’s normal, but oh my gosh I do not want to have this baby a minute before October 9th!

Amanda August 17, 2012 at 6:41 am

As always you look so adorable, it would be neat if you and the baby shared a birthday 🙂

LWLH August 18, 2012 at 10:56 am

You look great girl! 🙂

fizzgig August 18, 2012 at 7:09 pm

i couldn’t imagine not being able to touch my toes!! and chipotle is the bomb pregnant or not! it should be available 24-7!!

you still look incredible!

Rachel August 20, 2012 at 7:32 am

Thank you! 🙂 And YES! Chipotle should be a 24-hour place for sure!! Ha! I bet they’d still be packed all the time, too!

Emily Southerland
Twitter: Mrs_southerland
August 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

Love it!! I think we look really similar 🙂 I was telling my sis how hard it is to shave my legs now a days and she wasn’t buying it! Are y’all getting so excited? We’re about to have a baby!! Did your doctor tell you it could be two weeks early or two weeks late?? Mine did! Freak me out!!

Rachel August 20, 2012 at 7:31 am

I’m getting excited for sure! 🙂 Once everything is ALL SET I’ll feel a lot better! Did you have your shower yet? Ours is this weekend! Yeah we learned in our Bradley Classes that the due date is such a crazy estimate that it could be anytime after 37 weeks through 42-43 weeks. And honestly? I’m SO not ready for him to be early! I’d much prefer if he came around week 41! 🙂

Jen August 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

You are just so cute! You are glowing. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you get that pedicure you deserve! 🙂