{ Writer’s Workshop: Father’s Day }

June 14, 2012 in writers workshop

This Sunday will be the first Father’s Day in our household. Well, the first soon-to-be-Father’s Day! And I know that we’re technically not parents yet, but my very loving husband has taught me a lot about our pending parenthood over the last few months.

He’s taught me that becoming a parent is scary, but exciting when you have a loving and supportive partner.

He’s taught me that love is something that can happen overnight. Literally. When we found out we were (very unexpectedly) expecting, I was terrified that Chad would be as terrified as me. But when I was in a moment of “oh crap” panic, he was beaming and instantly in love with the new direction our lives were heading in.

And he’s taught me that Baby L doesn’t have to be born yet to know that being a parent is something he was born to do. And I’m certain that together we will make a really great team.

Mama’s Losin’ It

Susan
Twitter: suddenlysus
June 14, 2012 at 10:52 am

Aw. I can’t wait to see you guys with Baby L, you both will be amazing parents.

christina June 14, 2012 at 11:04 am

SO sweet!! sounds like a keeper to me.

Kerry June 14, 2012 at 11:20 am

So cute. Sounds like my boyfriend and me. Not married yet and no kids, but he can’t wait to have them and I’m absolutely terrified. But, I have to disagree with you on something. I think the moment you find out you have a little bun in the oven, you are already parents, before he or she is born. You already take care of the little one, making sure everything is going smoothly and he or she is healthy, right? You are a mama! =)

Bridget @ Le. Rheims June 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm

This is all so true and so wonderful to know! Trust me, as the mom of five, soon to be 6, my husband has shown me the exact same response every single time: instantly in love with a new person neither of us knows and with a new life that will change everything. Hold on to that excitement and it will carry you through the many trials you will inevitably face as parents. Stopping by from Mama Kat’s.

fizzgig June 14, 2012 at 8:10 pm

sounds like a perfect partner to spend your life with!!

Kat June 17, 2012 at 10:23 am

Happy first Father’s Day!! So glad you have him to lean on. Raising a baby is such an amazing experience and it’s magic to share it with someone you love!