an overdue update.

September 9, 2011 in bachelorette,life,vacation,weddings,weight,workout

Well, there went August — and there went everything else I planned to accomplish during the month!
I vowed to blog more. And that clearly did not happen.
But, to be honest, I was tested more in the month of August than I have been in a very, very, long time. and I wasn’t exactly a pleasant person to be around.
Here’s why
We went to Wilmington, North Carolina on our week long pre-vacation-vacation…. during the same week, hurricane Irene decided to show up. And I had a severe case of sun poisoning {just a heads up: when the medication your on warns you to stay out of direct sunlight, this is why}.

I’ve been party planning. C’s bachelorette party was this past weekend, and I had been a busy bee getting things ready for it. Pictures to come!

I haven’t been able to sleep. Likely from a combination of stress from work and stress from everything else. In addition, the stress {and inability to workout} has made me gain weight. Which is, in turn, making me stress out more.

I’m really bummed about the weight gain. I don’t know how much it is because I never weigh myself; but I know that none of my clothes fit. I feel uncomfortable in everything. And it’s making me depressed…

I’m trying to hang in there, but to be honest, knowing I have to be in a bikini for our cruise in a couple of weeks is just compounding the stress.

So basically, blah. I’m still not 100% a fun person to be around. Blah, blah, blah.

Amanda September 9, 2011 at 12:59 am

I've been in a terrible funk for the last month. Things at work suck, I want to start loosing weight but have zero time to work out, I lost out on three promotions at work and money is tight.

I hope that things get better for you, being in a funk is the worst!

Chrissy MacCEO September 9, 2011 at 1:25 am

Eh, we've all been there. Some times blogging has to take a back seat. Like you, Hurricane Irene was a big pain in the a$$ in my life, too. Living at the Jersey Shore, we havent been hit so hard in a long time. It was very stressful.

Fizzgig September 9, 2011 at 1:36 am

I'm a stress eater! Honestly, I'm an everything eater, and when I have a crappy few days, and eat bad I do not want to work out, so I can't even burn off the extra calories!

What I've found is that usually ill have a crappy week and eat bad, and the next week when i get back into the swing of things, it all comes back off, without a hitch, or any extra effort. Like shocking your body!

so there is hope! just get back on the wagon, and it'll come right off!

Almost There September 9, 2011 at 1:38 am

Yikes! 🙁 I'm sorry you've bene having such a rough time. If you ever need anything, even just to vent, i'm here. I've dumped on you numerous times, we all need to just get it out.

wanna come hike with us one night or bike ride? get ya out and get some stress burned off? 🙂

Dixie Bell Designs September 9, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Blah…. sorry you're are in a funk!! Try to remember though if you can fit in even a little bit of time into working out you will get right back into it then the exercise will cure the stress, you'll have more energy, and naturally you'll want to eat better….remember your strong!! 🙂 And you get to go on a cruise in a few weeks!

Rebecca DiLiberto September 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Seems like just about everyone had a very trying August. The good news is, August is over and the even better news is, you got home away from Irene safely! There is always something to be grateful for 🙂

Katelin September 9, 2011 at 10:46 pm

oh man i feel ya on the weight gain. my clothes aren't fitting right and the scale just showed me how much i've gained and it's a bit sad. but i'm determined to do something about it. let's motivate each other okay? 🙂

also, hi. welcome back. missed you and your fabulous blogging. woo.

Lil' Woman September 11, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Ugh I'm sorry your in a funk girl…I'm sure your still going to look fab in your bathing suit.