weekend!

April 1, 2011 in All Fired Up,cupcakes,food,weekend,workout

First, be sure to enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway HERE!

Finally. Finally. Finally. Something about this week {the random 4 inches of snowfall we had, perhaps?} wore me OUT! I’m ready to sleep in {ha!} and have some me time!

After work tonight I’m heading to the gym to play racquettball for the first time {wish me luck}. Apparently the fact that I picked up a tennis racquet for my 2nd time ever last night at, during a cardio tennis class, has inspired me. The rest of my evening will be spent from the comforts of my couch, in my pajamas, with leftover Mexican food, perhaps a Light Yuengling, and a movie. Now that is how you relax on a Friday night!

{image}

On Saturday my girlfriends and I are going on a girl date to All Fired Up! in Akron to paint some pottery. Perhaps we’ll hit up Swensons Drive In for some delicious burgers.

But before the girls get here tomorrow, I am going down to VegiTerranean Restaurant {you know, my fave vegan restaurant} to purchase a few gluten-free cupcakes from Pure DeLite {this cute little vegan/gluten-free cupcake shop} during a bake sale they are having to raise money for Japan relief.

Sunday I am going to a visiting teacher yoga class at Cleveland Yoga. My first, and favorite, yoga teacher, Diana, is back in town and decided to teach two classes while here. I know it’s going to be a packed {and super sweaty} class, but I’m looking forward to it!

And, to end my weekend, I’ll be heading to my parents house to celebrate a very special birthday – my sister turns 24! So dinner and cake it is!

Not a bad looking weekend, if you ask me!

What are your plans for this weekend??

Alissa April 1, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Didn't know you liked tennis…I am a tennis player myself, and I play a couple times a week. I wore my hr monitor a few times and burned like 700 calories in an hour!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE PureDelite. My husband works with the owner's mom, so we frequent the place a lot.

Almost There April 1, 2011 at 8:52 pm

A girl after my own heart with her Yuengling 🙂

I think swensons is the perfect way to wrap up your Saturday night 🙂

Hopefully my yoga experience Sunday is half as great as yours is anticipated to be 🙂

Kate April 2, 2011 at 2:55 am

Oh goodness, reading this post makes me miss home so much…

Lil' Woman April 2, 2011 at 9:36 am

Sounds like a fun weekend! 🙂

Maria @dailydownwarddog.com April 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Rachel –
Sounds like an awesome weekend!

I took my mom to Johnny Mathis last night – what can I say he is an icon and he rocked the house! It was a great show.

Today I'm going to a Meditation Workshop which I'm super excited about.

Sunday I'm hoping to get a long sweaty yoga class in and then catch up on some work and reading.

Enjoy your class at Cleveland Yoga and the time with your family and friends – life is good!
Maria @downwarddog

Dree April 2, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Leftover Mexican food? Yum! I hope that you have a lovely weekend and a ton of fun at your sister's birthday celebration.

Chelle April 4, 2011 at 12:17 am

Such a fun weekend for you! My hubby is gluten-free and we're struggling to find a local bakery with tasty treats for him. I'm so glad you have one nearby because everyone should enjoy a tasty treat now and then.