mid-week mantra?

February 16, 2011 in life,mantra

I’ve been absent from my blog for the last week and a half. This is partially because I’ve been super busy. But partially because I needed to step away and detox from the internet/blogs/twitter/life for the last week and a half.

Things have been… busy. exhausting. draining. and downright blah.

I know things will be back to normal soon.

but right now they aren’t.

And because I need it, I’m posting my mid-week mantra.

This week I will forget about everyone else and focus on me.
I believe that I’m struggling to believe in anything right now.
I’m addicted to reading. I’ve been doing a lot of book-reading in my blog absence.
I wish for happiness.
I’m jealous of nothing.
Soundtrack/Mantra for the week: “Hearts don’t break; Minds do” — as heard in my yoga class on Saturday, by the teacher.

troutbirder February 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Twitter – pretty juvenile stuff. “I don't want to be you friend anymore.”

Blogging – fun and creative

Reading good books – the very best. Stick with it you feel better. 🙂

Alissa February 16, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I need a bit of a detox too. I've been all over the place on the 'net and my blackberry.

Reading is fun, when I have time…I have a list of stuff that I want to order from the library. I had a book on order, and I happened to be on vacation and couldn't pick it up!!

Almost There February 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I'm not sure why but there's something about February that's really the culprit. Mostly because it's been dark for months and most people don't have their own sunlamp to sit under and get those fake rays that make us happy.

But honestly – if you spend a few minutes looking online – it's not just YOU that is struggling. Whenever we're struggling with something in our life, it seems like February is the month it's intensified and sucks the life out of us even more.

Take the time you need and focus on you – we all need to do that and we don't do it enough. But you can get out of your funk (which I will refer to as the February Funk) soon enough. Something will click and warm goodness will start falling your way!

Susan

~M~ February 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Book reading is the best!

Amanda February 17, 2011 at 11:22 am

I haven't had time for much this week either. Starting a new job is proving to be more stressful than I thought and when I get home I just want to collapse on the couch.

I hope you have a good rest of the week 🙂

Lil' Woman February 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Sometimes that's what you need…I missed the blogs but it was kinda nice not having the computer for awhile.

Fizzgig February 19, 2011 at 4:33 am

oh! you should listen to poisons something to believe in….

i think that only works if you have a thing for bret michaels though..

The Constant Complainer February 20, 2011 at 2:05 am

Welcome back, Rachel. We all need blog/Twitter/Facebook detox at one time or another. Mine was in November and December.

But it's good to see you back. Have a great weekend.

How's the half marathon training coming?