{{ there’s gotta be more than this }}

April 12, 2010 in BF,job,life,move

“There’s got to be something more.” Right? Right.

That’s what I’ve been thinking so much about lately. It feels like my professional life has been eating away at my soul for about the last three months. No need to get into details, but a lot has changed from what I had originally anticipated my position being.

Crying everyday, wanting to do nothing but sleep when I’m not working, crying on the job… just not what I’d call healthy.

Have I put on a strong front? Heck yes. No one but my co-workers knew how I was feeling. No one.

Recently I let it all out. I decided I needed to make some changes {ok, well we decided to make some changes}.

So here’s the news I’ve been hiding for the last two weeks!

I am taking a job as a manager of a yoga studio… back in OHIO!

That’s right… after 9 long months of being away from BF & working a job I only kinda liked {but really liked the money}, I decided that I couldn’t do it anymore. I couldn’t take the constant pressure. While I much enjoyed my new income, I did not so much at all like the baggage that came along with.

I’m putting it on the record:

I would much rather work a job that I would enjoy doing for less money. True story. & being around the love of my life is sure to help.

So in three weeks I’ll be moving back to Ohio. For now? Just put in my resignation notice at the place that has employed me for the last five years = freaks me out a bit.

Happy hour anyone?

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... April 12, 2010 at 12:28 pm

That is so incredibly exciting! I am so glad that you'll be closer to BF and that you'll be working at a job that you enjoy. Even if it means less money, it will mean less stress and more support. Congratulations!

*krystyn* April 12, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Congratulations!!

I am SUPER excited (and a bit envious too) for you…working somewhere you LOVE and have a passion for is HUGE. Not many people have that opportunity so embrace it and enjoy every minute.

I'm aching to make a big change like that myself. I would rather work at Starbucks (or something more 'interactive' than this ridiculous office I'm in).

HUGS!!!

Yay!!!

Analiese April 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm

OMG congrats!!! That is SO exciting. It sounds like you're being proactive about designing a life that fits who you are. I can totally relate to this. I am SO happy for you!!! Sending you a virtual glass of champagne! xo

Fidgeting Gidget April 12, 2010 at 12:41 pm

I am so happy for you! That is so exciting and will be so much more rewarding and fulfilling. Happiness isn't always about money, it's about doing what you love and being close to those you love. CONGRATULATIONS!

Lil' Woman April 12, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Oh my goodness, that is soo exciting and I will def. still come to Ohio to see you.

I can totally see you being an awesome yoga teacher….so is the apartment you got, in Ohio??

TheAnalyst April 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Congrats! Super exciting and courageous!

Simply Valorie April 12, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I know you're freaked out, but that's AWESOME for you. You deserve to be at a job that makes you happy. Congratulations!

Everyday Adventures April 12, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Congratulations!! What exciting news for you!! Good luck with the move!! I am moving out of my apt at the end of May and moving to Texas in June!!! Cant wait to hear about all your new adventures!!

Smart Ass Sara April 12, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Congratulations! I think it's awesome that you figured out what it takes some people half of their lives to figure out. You spend too much time at your job to dread going there and to feel awful. You shouldn't be working for the weekend and dreading Monday morning. I once sent an ecard to my friend and it was a Hoops & Yoyo card called “Spastic Colon Sunday” where basically they dread Monday so much that they are pooping non stop. It was so funny in a sad, relatable way. 😉

Gracie Beth April 12, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Good for you for making this decision! I am so happy for you!

Valerie at City|Life|Eats April 12, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Congratulations!!!

Also, totally unrelatedly – I changed my domain name. I am now at http://www.citylifeeats.com

Amanda April 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Sometimes you just need to make changes like that in life.

I totally know how you feel – I'm going back to school this summer and I haven't told too many people. I never got my degree done because of money and I finally have the opportunity to finish. Its been really hard not telling everyone I know!

Chelsa Bea April 12, 2010 at 3:27 pm

YAY! I am so, so excited for you. This is going to be awesome for you. Yippee. I'm totally buying you a virtual margarita! Woo hoo!

JW.BW April 12, 2010 at 3:27 pm

congrats!! I am so happy for you!!! what an exciting and brave decision!! Good luck with the move. Life is too short to be unhappy!!!

~**Dawn**~ April 12, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Good for you, making a decision that your gut tells you is right. You know what they say: money cannot buy happiness. The bigger paycheck is never worth it if it makes you miserable & it spills into your personal life.

~M~ April 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm

How exciting!!!! 🙂

Lisa Walsh April 12, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Following your heart is always the right decision! After 7 years I still don't net what I did when I worked for “the man”, but I wouldn't change my decision to open my own business for anything. Doing what you love is what will fulfill you. Best of luck!

Jen April 12, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Good for you honey!!! I think you will be a much happier person back in Ohio 🙂

Carolyn April 12, 2010 at 6:43 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am soo so so so happy for you, gorgeous!!!

Mrs. Lopez April 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Yay for you!!!!!! I think you are going to be soooo much happier!!

Valerie {Next to Heaven} April 12, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Way to go and Congratulations!! As you know I've been in the same boat. It's not healthy to be in that environment 24/7. I wish you the very best and I know you will do fantastic!

Krystyn April 12, 2010 at 7:18 pm

So happy for you. Happiness is much more important than the money. Congrats!

Brandi April 12, 2010 at 11:18 pm

That is such great news! Congratulations, girl! You deserve it. 🙂

Rachel April 13, 2010 at 1:55 am

Good for you for following your heart!! That's not easy, but I am sure you know it's for the best for so many reasons!! I can't wait to hear about this new adventure 🙂

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight April 13, 2010 at 2:47 am

Congrats! That sounds like an amazing path. 🙂

Token Yankee April 13, 2010 at 3:46 am

So ecstatic for you! I am a firm believer in the importance of enjoying what you do. Money isn't everything.

Melly Mel April 14, 2010 at 3:59 am

I am really happy about this move. Congrats!!!

Jen April 17, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Wow so excited for you! You're doing a wonderful (and incredibly brave thing)!

heisschic April 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm

hey hey hey! im reading back through your history a bit- getting to know you and all- no creeps i swears– and it JUST SO HAPPENS that I'm just starting an interest in yoga. and I just so happen to be in Ohio.

I realize that Ohio isn't say, Lichtenstein, so it's very very possible (probable) that you wont be within driving distance. But yea. I'm in CLE. Drop me an email (if you don't mind) if you happen to be nearby (soon).

heisschic@gmail.com

Molly April 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm

yay!!! finally reading this now! so very happy for you girl. money can't buy happiness!