{writer’s workshop – a difficult conversation}

March 4, 2010 in writers workshop

This isn’t easy to say. You know, sometimes I think you’re too hard on yourself.

Truthfully, I think almost all of the time most of the time you are too hard on yourself. It’s not easy for me to tell you this, but you’ve really got to just let some things go and let them happen. As badly as you’d like to, you cannot control everything.

And you know you are a control freak.

I know you’ve been struggling lately with the whole not being able to work out thing. You seem to be really down, but don’t be! This isn’t the end of the world. You should know that. It’s simply a temporary roadblock. And your safety and health should be most important, not your outward appearance.

So just relax.

Don’t stress.

Breathe.

Let. It. GO.

Someone needs to tell you this, so it might as well be me. I’ll be the bad guy and say the things that no one else wants to say, and the things you refuse to admit.

xoxo,
Yourself

This letter to myself has been inspired by the prompt: A difficult conversation.

{this post has been part of Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop}

Mrs. Lopez March 4, 2010 at 4:35 pm

It's gonna be OK. It wont be much longer and you will be able to work out again. Gosh I wish I could be more like you and actually want to work out.

Alex March 4, 2010 at 4:39 pm

it will all be okay.
i think its great that you were able to write this letter to yourself and help/allow things to work out.

Analiese March 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm

I totally relate. I get a little bit crazy if I don't work out for a couple days. It's really hard to let go, but it sounds like you're taking deep breaths and getting through it.

Gwen March 4, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Girl that letter could have been addressed to me. Us type A personalities really don't handle change well especially if it's beyond our control. Hang in there. Keep resting and healing. Better to do that then be hurt forever. XOXO

RAW March 4, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I can relate to this and know where you're coming from. I'm sorry that you're feeling out of control, but you're right: learning to relax and let go is the only way to make things easier. What is that quote? Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how your react? When you focus on what you can control things somehow seem less bothersome 🙂

You have the right attitude. Hoping you get well soon.

Brown Girl March 4, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I should write letter's to myself more, myself could use them! Keep resting and you'll be better in no time!

Valerie {Next to Heaven} March 4, 2010 at 7:18 pm

This is a very cute letter to yourself. I need to tel myself this sometimes too. Cheer up girly and I hope you get better soon or rather feel better soon!

Shelley March 4, 2010 at 7:24 pm

What a clever way of making this writers workshop work for you! I hope you can work out again soon. I'm sorry 🙁

Lil' Woman March 4, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I'm sorry you feel like this girl…I hope no matter what you stay healthy and if you need to talk anytime hit me up! 🙂

Chelsea Talks Smack March 4, 2010 at 10:26 pm

ah this is good and oh so necessary to do sometimes…

d.a.r. March 5, 2010 at 12:36 am

It is sooo easy to be our own worst enemies, huh?

Hang in there!!

Cristin March 5, 2010 at 1:31 am

*Hugs* I can relate to the being hard on yourself even if the specifics are different! Hope you are able to listen to yourself 🙂

Brandi March 5, 2010 at 1:55 am

I can 100% relate to this. Hang in there, girlie! Speaking of which…how was your dr. appointment today?

I'm NOT a VOLCANO! March 5, 2010 at 2:17 am

Hey! it's like you were writing this to me! (I know. I'm so vain!)
Stopping by from MamaKats and I'm now a follower.

Jane March 5, 2010 at 2:30 am

Love this. You are such a good writer, and when your knee heals you will be right back on the bandwagon! (Bring me along? I need a push!)

~M~ March 5, 2010 at 4:31 am

I can 100% relate to this!