weekend plans? no plans = perfection

February 26, 2010 in baking,BF,Oscar,Syracuse,weather,weekend

Thank Goodness It’s Friday {even though I’m snowed in and BF can’t make it up this weekend as planned. not that I’m complaining. Kind of.}

Like every week, this week has had it’s challenges. I’m still restricted from the gym, which has been insanely difficult. And last night we got slammed with snow. Like pretty much seven inches by the time I got home from work {and a foot & a half overnight last night}. But that turned out to be the least of my worries because Oscar puppy had an accident in the house {for the record, this is not at all like my little angel, so I fear something may be wrong with him. Fourth time in 6 weeks. I’ve made an appointment with a vet later today. hope my little man gets better.}.

After I cleaned up the mess, I went downstairs to battle the snow shovel my walkway and driveway. For those who don’t live in the arctic that is known as Syracuse places that get tons of snow, you may not be familiar with the kind of snow that is super wet and heavy. This kind of snow? Not my friend. I shoveled the seven to eight inches of snow on my walkway {just to get to my driveway} but I wasn’t getting anywhere.

In comes my newest hero… my neighbor, with his snow blower, to save the day. What would have taken me {literally} hours to do, and he just did it in 3 minutes. I’m so grateful to the kindness of people. For real.

Now that I’m sure I’ll be mostly snowed in this weekend, I have planned to do much of the following:

Sleep.

Watch movies. {on my to watch list: Law Abiding Citizen & Jesus Camp}

Pack up my belongings into boxes. {I dread this, but it must be done!}

Sleep more. {this is obviously a given}

Take care of Oscar puppy {this includes a lot of playing and snuggling}.

Read both books & blogs.

Bake some treats for my kind neighbor who cleared my driveway.

Talk to BF via Gmail video chat. {next best thing, I suppose}

Take a nice, long, relaxing, Lush Bath Bomb bath. {note: my new place doesn’t have a tub! must use these bath bombs quickly!}

So what are your weekend plans, kids?

Mrs. C. February 26, 2010 at 2:54 pm

your weekend sounds fab., even though your bf won't be able to come up:( Maybe your neighbor will come shovel me out of the parking lot too? I'll bake him some treats too! haha. oh and I just saw Law Abiding Citizen last night. it was pretty good. oh… and I think I might have asked this before, but what book club do you belong to?
enjoy your relaxing weekend!

Jane February 26, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Ohhh how I've been dreaming of a weekend like this for so long! Enjoy it for both of us! I'm stuck at work.

Analiese February 26, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I'm having a much-needed low-key weekend too. Enjoy yours!

Jen February 26, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Sex Pot is my favorite Lush Bath Bomb 🙂 Haven't taken a lush bath in a while. Maybe I should add that to my weekend 🙂 Have a good one honey and stay warm up there!

Lil' Woman February 26, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Sounds like a good snowed in weekend! Enjoy love!

Carolyn February 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Hope Oscar's okay! My weekend is mostly plan-free too which is great b/c last weekend was nonstop. I plan to do lots of sleeping, cooking, and eating. 🙂

Mrs. Pretty February 27, 2010 at 1:43 am

Hi, I'm sorry I haven't been by in forever . . .

Poor adorable Oscar! I hope you're able to figure out what's going on with him.

And sorry about the snow, but I hope you're able to enjoy a good night in regardless.

Brandi February 28, 2010 at 2:43 am

Poor Oscar! I hope everything is fine!

Wow, that snow doesn't sound like fun at all. Almost makes me feel bad about all the complaining I've been doing about our “horrible” winter here in Florida…LOL! Hang in there & I hope you're enjoying your low-key weekend!

~M~ February 28, 2010 at 3:32 am

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Cristin February 28, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Hope your cutie Oscar's ok!

RAW February 28, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Hope you're having a good weekend! I think being snowed in is a blessing and a curse. Gives me cabin fever, but at least I get stuff done around the apartment.

Hope your dog feels better 🙁

I feel your pain about the gym. I'm finally able to go back, but taking several weeks off drove me insane. At least the snow shoveling is exercise!

We have so much to catch up on. I'm going to send you an email this evening.

JW.BW February 28, 2010 at 7:35 pm

I hope Oscar is feeling better!!! Now that i have internet again i will be visiting more often!!