totally down.

December 11, 2009 in Buffalo,Syracuse,weather,weekend

I’m bummed. I’m super super bummed.

I was going to leave for Ohio last night. But there was a storm last night in Buffalo (the city I have to drive through to get there). Blizzard like conditions. White-outs. Zero visibility in places.

My idea? Leave in the early morning. So I woke up at 4am, packed up my car, and headed west. The weather in Syracuse is fine. Very little snow & clear roads… well, when I got to Rochester, I decided to tune my iPhone to a Buffalo radio station.

Well it’s a good thing I did, cause they had just announced that the interstate 90 (the interstate that goes from Syracuse to Cleveland) was closed west of Buffalo. CLOSED!

So I made an executive decision decided to turn back around and head back to Syracuse.

So no BF this weekend. No family Christmas party. Nothing. I’m so blah and bummed right now…

and it will be another two weeks before I attempt to make another trip back to Ohio for Christmas. Yes, I used the word… attempt. Nothing is guaranteed in this weather. And now I have to go another TWO weeks before getting to see BF.

Brace yourselves… it’s gonna be a rough one.

Cristin December 11, 2009 at 1:23 pm

That really stinks ๐Ÿ™ I am so sorry.

Fidgeting Gidget December 11, 2009 at 1:44 pm

That sucks big time. But your safety is the most important…BF wants you around for a long time, I'm sure, so it was a smart decision that you turned around! I know that couldn't have been easy. Keep your chin up, girlie! Watch Christmas movies, that always cheers me up.

Token Yankee December 11, 2009 at 1:54 pm

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope it's sunny and 70 when you attempt the trip in a few weeks. My husband has just gotten back from being gone for a year for a deployment and will be leaving again in a few months so I am sort of use to being alone. If I were going to be this weekend, I would stay in my jammies all weekend, watch Christmas movies, make cookies, wrap presents, and drink lots of hot chocolate.

Mrs. Lopez December 11, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Oh im so sorry! That really sux! Hopefully the time will fly by and you can try again!

TheAnalyst December 11, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Oh no! That is horrible! I hope you find something super special to do here in Syracuse since you can't go to Ohio!

Melissa December 11, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Oh girl, I'm sorry. That really does stink!

Optimistic Pessimist December 11, 2009 at 4:05 pm

aww…i'm sorry. that's the worst when you're ready to go and can't because of the stupid weather. hoping for a fast two weeks for you.

Carolyn December 11, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Oh boooooooooooooooooo I'm SO sorry hon!!! I know it's awful and you just want to curl up in a ball and cry, but everything happens for a reason. Try to make the best of the weekend if possible. Lots of love xoxoxo

HRH December 11, 2009 at 4:16 pm

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you serious??! you poor thing. im so so so sorry. STUPID SNOW!

Analiese December 11, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that sweetie. Sending hugs and supportive vibes your way. Try to plan a restorative weekend, if you can. Treat yourself to some good dark chocolate, champagne, and a bubble bath. xoxo

Brown Girl December 11, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Awe, that sucks!!! I'm sorry!!! I wouldn't even know what to do in the snow. People act crazy around here when it snows!

Meg December 11, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Hang in there! I hope your next attempt ends in success.

Although apparently parts of Indiana/Ohio/Michigan have been hit with an “arctic gust.” The wind has been pretty terrible, but hopefully that doesn't stop you!

amy December 11, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Oh no! That's so sad. I'm so sorry for you! I hope the next two weeks go by super fast for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... December 11, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry! At least you heard the weather report before you were actually in the weather! Hopefully the next attempt will be successful ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachael December 11, 2009 at 9:53 pm

ugh! I'm sorry to hear that! Good thing you found out before you made it too far!

Katelin December 12, 2009 at 12:07 am

yikes that stinks! i forget how crazy the weather can be on the east coast sometimes. at least you're safe though and not trying to make it though the storm.

yellaalley95 December 12, 2009 at 12:20 am

Wow, that's a TOTAL bummer! Hope the weather improves so you can see your BF again!

Lil' Woman December 12, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Oh no…I'm so sorry girl!! If I had the money I would buy a tank and drive you there myself! ๐Ÿ™‚

Megan December 12, 2009 at 1:17 pm

I left you something on my blog!

Jen December 12, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Oh honey…I am SO sorry you couldn't make it home! This is the one thing I HATE about winter. Hopefully you will be able to make the best of your weekend. I think you need to go shopping and eats lots of calories ๐Ÿ™‚

Llama December 13, 2009 at 2:59 pm

oh!!!! nooooooooo! i am so so sorry sweetie! it is crazy all of a sudden the winter weather decided to appear! i hope that you are able to travel and soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

alexa - cleveland's a plum December 14, 2009 at 4:13 am

i'm so sorry hunny – it'll just make the next time all the better