things i’m loving/things i’m doing.

December 2, 2009 in etsy,food,Junior League,life,wine,workout

So I have a TON to update y’all on! But this is more of a “Fun With Bullet Points” type of post today.

Things that I am loving:

– Vintage Confections Etsy store. Awesomeness. Red Velvet Truffles? Sign me up!

– The Super Sauce. Check out their online store. BF & I tried this (& bought two jars) at the Fab Food Show and we are already out! It’s delicious on sandwiches. I must order more. Now.

– Lisa’s Hillside Bakery. The vanilla peppermint bark looks incredible.

– I know I have previous talked about Wine-a-ritas…. but I’ve been converted! I have a new wine slushie mix that will forever have my heart. It’s called Frappe Vino. The reason that it is more awesome than the other? Because it is: a) cheaper, and b) it doesn’t require a blender! You actually just need to pour a bottle of wine into a ziploc bag, pour in the mix, and mix in some water! It turns to a slush consistency within just a few hours!

Things that I am doing:

– Yesterday I gave blood and came wicked close to passing out. I’m sure I’ll do it
again sometime, but I’m going to block this experience out of my head.

Tracy convinced me to do a Polar Bear Plunge with her in January. I think it will be fun (note: I usually think other painful things, like tattoos, will be fun as well. I usually realize I’m freaked out just moments before the big event).

– Tomorrow is my last Provisional Junior League meeting. Which means next Tuesday I become a for real member! We are going to this fantastic restaurant in Syracuse called Pascale’s Wine Bar & Restaurant, which I’ve never been to, but I’ve heard is awesome.

– I’ll be joining a running group this Sunday. I’m pretty excited about that. But I’m also going to go to a Body Boot Camp workout after that. I’m excited for both. I think I can handle a back to back workout. Right?

Hope everyone is as excited as I am that this week is almost over!

TheAnalyst December 3, 2009 at 1:13 am

I would take a polar bear plunge any day over the running club followed by boot camp. Painful!

Enjoy your dinner with the Junior League. Makes me think of a commercial I see almost every morning during the Today Show, “Pascals Liquor Square, goes great with life!”

Tracy December 3, 2009 at 1:25 am

I'm so glad you're doing the Polar Bear plunge with us! Here are the pics from last year so you can get an idea about the event: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075814&id=16500532&l=f4b7889a1e

My VP will be having another party beforehand with some bailey's/coffee to get you warmed up before and then we go to a bar after to hang out and drink until we're warm again =P

-Tracy

Brown Girl December 3, 2009 at 3:05 am

You can handle a back to back work out for sure! Wine slushie mix? Sign me up! Yum!

Mrs. C. December 3, 2009 at 3:11 am

Girl- I'm amazed at all the fun things that you find to do out here. What is this running group that you are talking about and when do they meet?

Mrs. C. December 3, 2009 at 3:11 am

p.s. i think i'm going to order some of that vino mix.. it sounds really good!

Eyegirl December 3, 2009 at 4:09 am

Your post made me hungry! That peppermint bark & wine slushies sound great.

Krystyn December 3, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Yum…a wine slush. So up my alley.

For the blood donation, next time, eat like 1 hour before. That way, you aren't so queasy. It really helps.

Lil' Woman December 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Wow lots of cool thinkgs going on..Blogger Meet-up: everythigng else we planned + wine-a-ritas

Seashells&Sunshine December 3, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Yummm, gotta try some of those wine slushies. That sounds SO good!

Also, about the blood, I am with ya, so scaryyyy

Kassie December 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm

back to back workouts!! I'm so impressed!

Nichole M December 3, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I'm so glad you gave blood, but I'm sorry it wasn't a better experience for you! Oh, word of warning vis a vis the workouts: my workouts always take several steps backwards after I give blood. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that you've lost some oxygen carrying cells. Props to you for doing to workouts this weekend, but be gentle with yourself!

Valerie {Next to Heaven} December 4, 2009 at 3:48 am

I might have to try that wine thingy. That sounds yummy!

I loved your post!!

Lara December 4, 2009 at 4:03 pm

You sound braver and braver every time you post! A polar bear plunge sounds colder than I ever want to get! Have a great weekend!

RAW December 4, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Let us know how the boot camp class is. My friend has been trying to get me to come to one, but I'm too scared!

Have a great weekend.