monday mantra :: november 23

November 23, 2009 in mantra

This week I only have to work three days!

I believe in Starbucks and good conversations with a wonderful friend.

I’m addicted to cupcakes.

I wish I was feeling less anxiety at the moment.

I’m jealous of people whose emotions aren’t out of control today.

Soundtrack/Mantra for the week: Things will get better.

Edited to add: I’m not sure what my deal has been over the last 24 hours, but my mood is absolutely toxic. I am recognizing that I am not in a good mood, but I’m not sure why it is. And I am not sure how I’m supposed to get over this foul mood. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Lil' Woman November 23, 2009 at 10:05 am

That's my mantra/soundtrack for the week as well! : )

Rachel November 23, 2009 at 11:30 am

I wish I had some helpful advice for you! I feel the same way about about people who can control their emotions. I drive myself crazy!

Hopefully a good night's sleep helped a little!

alexa - cleveland's a plum November 23, 2009 at 12:49 pm

hmmmmm, i'd say working out puts me in a better mood but you do that enough already.

ice cream? wine?

Skinny Bitches in the Making November 23, 2009 at 1:24 pm

am very jealous you only have to work for three days.
i am in the same mood. i feel like i could hit someone and there's no reason for it. i woke up perfectly happy but then things started to change.

Gwen November 23, 2009 at 3:12 pm

I have to work on Friday because I didn't want to use PTO last week when I was sick so I used my floating holiday instead. Oh well…at least I know I'll be alone here in the office. LOL!!! I'm addicted to cupcakes and if you mix them with Starbucks and friends it's a win-win situation!!! Have a blessed week. XOXO

~M~ November 23, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Short work weeks rock!

Bad mood fixer: dailypuppy.com

Valerie {Next to Heaven} November 23, 2009 at 8:04 pm

yay for short weeks! Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I get in those moods too and usually I just need to remove myself from everything and relax. Listen to music and do something that you like to do. That's what helps me.

Chelle November 23, 2009 at 8:16 pm

oh, I hear ya on the negative funkness! I was in a similar funk last week; for no reason whatsoever. When I finally found time for myself it seemed to help. That, and a lot of sleep!

Molly November 24, 2009 at 6:19 am

Hopefully you are out of your mood funk! If not, I think you should go with the addicted to section of this post, and eat more cupcakes. 🙂

Anonymous December 10, 2009 at 4:09 am

Dear Author http://www.itsahero.com !
I think, that you are not right. I am assured. Write to me in PM.