today is awesome

October 9, 2009 in life,weekend

Why today is awesome:

a. I’m not working.

b. BF is on his way here to visit me!

c. BF’s sister is in the early stages of labor!

d. I bought a Banana Republic shirt for $3.99!

e. ..and promptly rewarded my awesome find with Starbucks!

f. the Schwan’s guy dropped off my free hamburgers!

g. I have zero dirty laundry!

h. BF and I are going out to China Road for dinner, and ordering the jellyfish!

i. I went to Syrauice for lunch and ate a delicious burrito! And you know that you go some place too much when after over TWO YEARS of being away, they STILL remember you.
j. BF and I will get to spend another WHOLE weekend together!

And at last I have a question… is a post about a serious topic good or bad? I’m thinking about hitting on something personal… just not sure. So tell me people!

Valerie {Next to Heaven} October 9, 2009 at 7:41 pm

So jealous of you not working today…I want to NOT be working πŸ™

I'm glad you get to spend time with BF!! I know you're looking forward to it.

I am up for reading about a serious topic…whatcha thinkin bout lady?

dreaming in pink and green October 9, 2009 at 8:41 pm

yay! have a great weekend. serious posts are good πŸ™‚

Stephanie October 9, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I know you'll have a super time.

As for serious posts- if it is something you feel like you need to talk about, then you should and know that's why we are hear! To lend an 'ear' and give our support and help if we can.

ps- nice work on the $3.99 shirt!

Chelle October 9, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Super good day for you! Ask yourself if you are comfortable opening yourself up to anyone in Internet land about a topic. That answer should be enough to tell you whether or not to post!

Brown Girl October 9, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Yum, I love burritos, filled with all sorts of bad stuff…mmmm…

Personal? It's your blog, you can write whatever you want. I think bloggers are pretty open and like giving helpful advise.

LawGirl October 9, 2009 at 10:25 pm

First off, I love all the great Syracuse activities you have/will have take part in today!

Second, have fun with boyfriend.

Third, I'm excited for a coffee date next week.

And last but not least, I think something serious is fine! I do it sometimes, I just try not to let my blog get bogged down with it.

Miss E October 9, 2009 at 11:00 pm

Yay! Sounds like you have a great weekend coming up! I think you should post whatever you feel comfortable posting- serious and non-serious!

{JANE} October 9, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Have the best weekend with your BF! Sounds like its off to a great start.

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com October 10, 2009 at 12:23 am

sounds like an awesome day to me!

Southern Champagne Wishes October 10, 2009 at 1:04 am

Yay for extra days off (I have one Monday)!

Cannot wait to hear how the jellyfish is – oh my!

And, I'm so jealous of your BR top – I don't think I'v ever found anything at that price there!

I think it's okay to do serious posts – I've always been apprehensive about it, too, because I don't want to be someone who complains all the time, but every once in awhile, I think it's perfectly okay. And often, people have another viewpoint to contribute.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's October 10, 2009 at 1:45 am

A blog lets you share whatever is on your heart (and mind) …. so bring it!!

JW.BW October 10, 2009 at 2:26 am

Rach – I hope you have a great weekend!! Great BR find!! Sure, if u want to post something serious I think its fine… I have a serious post in the works myself. We are all ears!!

Molly October 10, 2009 at 3:36 am

That sounds like a perfect day! The no dirty laundry thing is the best, I think…well, maybe the $3.99 shirt. πŸ™‚
Serious post are just fine. You write about what you feel, and we love you no matter what you write!

Eliza October 10, 2009 at 3:48 am

Oh my gosh, that really IS the best day!! I hope BFF's sister has an endurable and safe labor!!

Lil' Woman October 10, 2009 at 10:01 am

Wow what a fun weekend!
Congrats to BF's sister and as far as the serious topic I think if you want to talk about it, you should. You know were always here to listen.

Simply Valorie October 10, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Congrats to BF's sister!

As for the serious topic — go for it! What's on your mind?

Julie Dunlap October 10, 2009 at 9:54 pm

You had me at $3.99 BR shirt! As far as serious topics, this is your blog, you can blog if you want to.

Annie October 10, 2009 at 11:16 pm

hope you and the BF are having a great weekend together!!
eating jelly fish for dinner, for real!?! girl, you crazy πŸ˜‰

for the series post, i think you should post about anything that you want to! i have done this a time or two and i loved getting feedback from everyone.

~M~ October 11, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I say def post on the serious topic!

Brandi October 11, 2009 at 4:02 pm

What an awesome day indeed!! πŸ˜‰ Hope you're having a blast with BF!

I love to alternate between light & fluffy and serious topics on my blog. I'd definitely be willing to give thoughts on anything serious that you write – besides, you've been helping me with serious issues, too. πŸ˜‰

Have a great day, girlie!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) October 12, 2009 at 1:07 am

There's a little award waiting for you over at “my place”. πŸ™‚

~**Dawn**~ October 12, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I'm going with the same answer I gave you on Twitter, because I think it bears repeating: It's your blog & you should share whatever you feel compelled to.

Jessica October 13, 2009 at 5:06 pm

That looks so good, but I'm ready for lunch and that's probably why. It sounds like you two had an amazing weekend together though – be grateful! πŸ™‚

And, about the serious topic thing, I think that goes both ways. I personally believe that it is 100% about your comfort level. You don't want to share all and then regret it, because once it's online, it's online.