turkey meatball goodness!

September 11, 2009 in domesticity,food

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I am proud of myself because I never cook. ANYTHING. NOTHING. EVER.

The last time I lived on my own, I didn’t cook. How did I survive? Off of healthy take out (for example, sushi and other mostly vegeterian food). BF cooked for me in Ohio (and I love him DEARLY for that, amongst other hundreds of reasons). He is an excellent cook and he spoils me rotten!

So at this go around in Syracuse I was forced to refrain from spending money on takeout decided that I wanted to try cooking again. You know, in an effort to save money become more domestic. More Martha-esque.

So tonight I cooked. Well, kind of. I made pasta with spicy sauce and turkey meatballs! It was delish! So I decided to post a picture (oh, and I celebrated this amazing feat with a budlight :).

Hopefully I will be forced into cooking more and more. I have found so many recipes that I want to try, especially the fall/pumpkin recipes!

So if anyone would like to send some recipes my way, it would be appreciated!

amandaliveswell September 11, 2009 at 3:07 am

Yummy! Cooking an edible (and delicious!) meal always makes me feel really accomplished. 😉

Southern Champagne Wishes September 11, 2009 at 4:15 am

It looks so good! I can't wait to try a bunch of pumpking recipes either – they are my favorite!

{JANE} September 11, 2009 at 4:41 am

Yummy! If you like artichokes, I have a great artichoke chicken recipe that you prep and stick in the oven, serve with pasta and its FABULOUS! In my humble opinion 🙂

Erica Leigh September 11, 2009 at 5:37 am

i am not very good at cooking, but boy do i appreciate FOOD.

especially pictures of food!! ahhh!!!

lol, when i still dormed at school, i lived off granola bars and microwavable mac & cheese. awful. at least you had takeout! 😉

what kinds of things did you want to learn how to cook anyway? my sister is a huge fan of allrecipes.com because there are lots of ratings + reviews for each recipe.

Skinny Bitches in the Making September 11, 2009 at 7:56 am

sounds amazing. don't worry i don't cook either unless it's something which I cannot burn. which rules out a lot. am also making an effort to try cooking.

Megan September 11, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Yum! I love turkey meatballs!

I'm about to start a Menu Monday. I cook just about every single night, so I have plenty of recipes to share!

LawGirl September 11, 2009 at 2:14 pm

I'm the same exact way. I survived off takeout before I met LB. Now I pretty much survive off cereal.

I really need to learn to cook!

JW.BW September 11, 2009 at 2:15 pm

I love turkey meatballs!! We make those and a bit pot of sauce every weekend!! We usually add turkey sausage too! Yummy!! If you are looking for a fantastic cookbook you have to pick up Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories by Lisa Lillien. Its great for cooking for one and all of the meals are super healthy (and most are super quick)

Jessica September 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm

That looks pretty yummy…oh, and so does the pasta!

🙂

Krystyn September 11, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I do some turkey meatballs, too. They are quite good and a big hit with the family. Izzy gets to excited and Nat ate 2 last time!

Valerie {Next to Heaven} September 11, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Have you or are you registered to receive the Kraft food and family magazine? I love it and keep all of them! If you don't get it, I highly recommend it!

I have a great recipe for some taco soup that is great for fall.

In this wonderful life... September 11, 2009 at 5:57 pm

these look DELISH!!!!! my hubby made some last week too…love em!

Chele76 September 11, 2009 at 8:25 pm

If you want to bounce ideas, recipes… looking for suggestions, just tweet away. Not to pat myself on the back too hard but I am a pretty mean cook… and I am always willing to share my tips and techniques!

Lil' Woman September 11, 2009 at 10:23 pm

I def. want to try my hand at cooking..but ugh there's just soo much stuff to do.

~**Dawn**~ September 14, 2009 at 3:56 pm

There is totally something to be said for the satisfaction that comes from being able to prepare something yummy for yourself! =)