totally awkward tuesday: the fall

September 1, 2009 in totally awkward tuesday

Ya know what’s Totally Awkward (Tuesday)? When you’re in a public place and you fall. I’ve done it before. But so have people that I was with. For instance, a friend of mine from college and I were walking through the mall in Buffalo NY. Just chatting away talking about nothing in particular… when it happened.

She was carrying a lot of bags. They all went flying in the air over her head.

She crash landed on her bum.

And both of us just looked at each other.

And started cracking up.

Sometimes things that are awkward and embarassing are also funny. And there’s no harm in that!

Heidi September 1, 2009 at 12:39 pm

HAHA! DH once fell into a wet floor sign…that was about 3 years ago and it still makes me laugh!

LawGirl September 1, 2009 at 12:52 pm

I fall ALL the time. I fell up the stairs at high school graduation and down them at college grad. Thankfully for law school graduation I stayed on my feet.

But, during law school, while walking up the stairs in a huge lecture hall one day, I totally wiped out. Of course I was running a few minutes behind schedule, so EVERYONE, including the professor was in the classroom.

Soooo mortifying!

Southern Champagne Wishes September 1, 2009 at 1:09 pm

It is funny afterward, but usually at the time, you just feel like everyone is staring at you – like the time I fell getting up to turn in a test at college (I had been sitting on my foot which fell asleep and I had no feeling when I stood up and lost my balance – cute)!

Or the time I totally fell outside at my friend's dental school graduation when all of the graduates were getting their group picture made! Oh, well.

Margarita September 1, 2009 at 1:17 pm

Oh god, going into my new apartment building, I was opening the door and there was an older good looking man next to me waiting, so I hurried a bit, and all my keys went flying. My key chain broke. So embarassing. I have like 10 keys on it too.

Jessica September 1, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I'm so trying to think back to whether or not that has happened to me…but I don't think so. I'm probably likely to remember it if it did, right?!

Kassie September 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Oh, I've done that so many times, it's not in the least embarrasing anymore!! I just crack up along with everyone else. 🙂

Kassie September 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Lyryn September 1, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I came across your blog and loved what I was reading. This was a hysterical post and I have to agree that it is funny… suck when it happens to you though. Ha! Look forward to reading more!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... September 1, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Falling stories are always funny (so long as no one gets hurt)! I love to tell about the many time that Chris has fallen in public for no apparent reason – hilarious!

SassyCassie September 1, 2009 at 4:09 pm

I totally understand! For some reason I got so clumsy when I started college. I can't even count the number of times I fell on the SAME staircase. It's a curse.

BTW, your blog is really cute!

{JANE} September 1, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Oh the fall. I try to jump up as quickly as possible and pretend it didn't happen. But of course, someone always does. It's usually a great laugh!

Jen September 2, 2009 at 2:56 am

I totally fell down a flight of stairs in front of 6 of my colleagues a few years ago. i broke the heal on my shoe, said the F word twice on the way down, and landed on my big bootie. Everyone screamed at first but once we all knew I was okay, we laughed for 30 minutes straight. I still laugh thinking about it!

Georgie K. Buttons September 2, 2009 at 5:01 am

Done THAT one before.

Lil' Woman September 2, 2009 at 6:32 pm

I fell down the stairs in high school, embarassing but thank god no one was around

Erica Leigh September 3, 2009 at 6:08 am

lol! aww. i hate when that happens.

i've fallen on my butt at target and the airport. and no one ever does anything! sheesh. i just get back up and pretend nothing happened.

…and walk away from the scene of the crime. quickly. and with my head down. lol.