totally awkward tuesday – good luck with that.

August 18, 2009 in totally awkward tuesday

This weekend I saw some old friends from college. So this weeks Totally Awkward Tuesday will be dedicated to the awkwardness that is… college. More specifically, college roommates.

Freshman year was great. But sophomore year I decided to stay with a new group of girls. They were really nice, but one of them, ehh, I wasn’t so thrilled about. But whatever, we needed a fourth roommate.

So we moved in to this townhouse type dorm. There were two rooms (two people per room), a dining area, a full kitchen and living room. Not a small space, but not enough, that’s for sure. The 4th roommate (whom I wasn’t all that thrilled about) decided mid-semester to break up with her long time boyfriend and date a total Dirtbag. Dirtbag and 4th Roommate were dirty together. Not just in the naughty way, but in the dirty leave-my-underwear-in-the-kitchen way. But also in the naughty way. Which is disrespectful when living with other females.

Well, one day 4th Roommate comes out of the bathroom giggling. We asked her what her deal was. She said “There’s blood in my pee. I think I have chlamydia.”

Not funny. Gross. So to mostly spare you the roommate drama, I moved out. My new roommates helped me move my stuff out. My last words to 4th Roommate were during a screaming battle.

My last words “Bye, slut! Good luck with the chlamydia.”

OK, not my classiest moment, but required. And awkward. The whole situation.

Megan August 18, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Haha, I dying laughing, but I know it wasn't funny at the time!

I had one of those roommates as well. One night she came home so drunk, threw up, and used my toothbrush to clean out her mouth! I only know this because she left the toothbrush in the bathroom for me to discover, I left it there, and she had gone back cleaned it off and put it back where it belonged…disgusting! Needless to say, she was kicked out and I keept my toothbrush in my room with me for the rest of the time.

JW.BW August 18, 2009 at 1:08 pm

wow, thats all I can say… Its a rare type of person that can giggle about an STD… SUPER YUCK!!!!

I once had a roommate who had a DRUM SET.. i dont think any further explination is needed on that one…
JW

Fidgeting Gidget August 18, 2009 at 1:47 pm

I had a roommate who got HPV and she called me up and casually said, Yeah, I have HPV. I have to go get my uterus scraped now or something.” She said it in the most non-chalant, who-really-cares kinda way. Ew.

Lil' Woman August 18, 2009 at 1:55 pm

lol, this had me cracking up!
I had a roommate like that on my Disney College Program…she was a cokehead who would screw anything with a pulse.

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... August 18, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Oh my word, that is disgusting! How horrid! Good for you for moving out – yuck!

sarah August 18, 2009 at 2:18 pm

As a general rule, chlamydia = awkward

Yikes! Glad you got out of there!

Southern Champagne Wishes August 18, 2009 at 2:46 pm

That is the worst roommate story I have ever heard! How awful for you – I would have left, too (as fast as I humanly could). Glad you got away from that lovely lady.

Milltini August 18, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Hilarious!!!

Meandering Mel August 18, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Oh my! I'm glad the only roommates I've ever had have been my boyfriend, and one of his friends. It was pretty nice living with 2 guys, because I never had to worry about another girl trying to steal my shit. (Or be totally disgusting!)

Wow. People say the weirdest stuff…

dreaming in pink and green August 18, 2009 at 3:12 pm

She was giggling about that??? Sick! I've had my fair share of roommate stories and non-so-classy moments myself…it happens! 🙂

RAW August 18, 2009 at 3:56 pm

^^I agree–why would you giggle about that?

That's too funny about the “Bye, slut!” Sounds like something out of a movie.

~**Dawn**~ August 18, 2009 at 4:21 pm

There are not very many things worse than having a bad roommate. I speak from experience too. ::shudder::

Margarita August 18, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Totally hilarious and necessary. Loved it!

LawGirl August 18, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Hahaha, oh boy!

here we go again August 18, 2009 at 8:27 pm

ohh myy, she sounds like such a classy ladyy 😉 hopefully when i go to college next year i don't have a roommate like that!

Stephanie August 18, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Oh what a gem that girl was! I made the mistake of rooming with my high school best friend my freshman year- she constantly had men 'sleeping' over in our room (and they couldn't have cared less that I was right in the next bunk…)and came home multiple times so drunk she threw up all over her bed and I had to strip it and her, do the laundry and watch her all night so she didn't die of alcohol poisoning… ahh college!

TheAnalyst August 18, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Ewww…nassstyy! Good thing you aren't running into her now, for an even greater totally awkward moment!

la aventurista August 18, 2009 at 10:42 pm

That is so foul! Even if you are concerned that you have an STD, why on earth are you giggling about it!? People…

Moxie August 18, 2009 at 11:30 pm

How extremely awkward. Is this what I have to look forward to? D:

alexa - cleveland's a plum August 19, 2009 at 1:09 am

slut is totally acceptable in those instances.

Raine August 19, 2009 at 3:05 am

Why was she laughing about that??? psycho…

*krystyn* August 19, 2009 at 4:42 pm

very creepy that she laughed about it!!! Ewww!