too many questions!

August 29, 2009 in annoyances

So I used to think that paying at the gas pump was easy. I love using my debit card instead of having to inside the gas station to pay, then pump gas, then go back in for the change.

Until paying at the pump became a royal pain in the booty!

{{approach the pump...}}

“Please insert card or prepay inside.”

{{inserts card}}

Enter Zip Code

{{Enters zip code.}}

“Speedy Reward Cards Member? Press Yes or No.”

{{Presses No}}

“Car Wash? Press Yes or No.”

{{Presses No.}}

“Receipt? Press Yes or No.”

{{Presses Yes.}}

“May we have your first born? Press Yes or No.”

{{Sheesh! Presses No.}}

Ok. So that last one was a little exaggerated (but just a little). Has anyone else noticed how much more annoying it is to answer all of these questions before you can even begin to pay for your gas? I mean, come on!

Just a little rant. I’m better now. Thanks.

Melissa August 29, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Man, that is crazy! Gas pumps around here haven't gotten like that yet. I sure hope they don't cuz I hate going inside!

*krystyn* August 29, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Yes I know what you mean and if you go to Kroger or other place with one of those shopper cards you have to swipe/scan it or enter your phone number if you don't have it. Hands down though I take pay @ the pump over walking in…especially when I have E in the back!!

Meg August 29, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Geeze! I haven't run in to that problem yet. Next they'll be asking for a social security number…

JW.BW August 29, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I totally agree!! Its like DAMN, get on with it already!!! I just wanna pay for my gas and be on my way!!!

Kassie August 30, 2009 at 12:00 am

ha! I know exactly what you mean! It takes forever, and then when you're done they ask “receipt? car wash?” NO, let me go with my gas!! 🙂

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's August 30, 2009 at 3:39 am

I took a survey on PineCove the other day that asked if I would go to a different gas station if the current one asked for my zip code. It is sooo annoying when you have to enter yes/no five times!

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com August 30, 2009 at 4:37 am

haha I agree!! I especially cannot stand the car wash one! If I wanted one I'd drive into it! 🙂

Lil' Woman August 30, 2009 at 10:33 am

lol….they be pushing hard for those car washes at the gas stations! 🙂

{JANE} August 30, 2009 at 4:05 pm

That totally drives me crazy too! I just want some gasoline people!

A New England Girl August 30, 2009 at 9:21 pm

It drives me insane, too! I am loving the new advantages of some recently updated gas stations… pumps that accept money, too! Its so much easier inserting bills if you don't have nor want to use a credit card. And it erases the hassle of going inside to pay. 🙂

alexa - cleveland's a plum August 30, 2009 at 9:35 pm

i know exactly what you are talking about. nothing is easy anymore – or we are just getting lazier and or more agitated.

ha

same thing.

~M~ August 30, 2009 at 9:54 pm

That is so many questions!

Sew.What. August 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I hear you, however, my AWESOME hubby pumps my gas for me. Or we just drive the 5 minutes into Oregon and then we just hand the guy money/card and never get out of the car!

Molly August 31, 2009 at 2:14 am

Seriously! I get gas at our grocery store and they ask for your phone number before everything so you can get your discount.
Just give me some gas and no one gets hurt!

Valerie {Next to Heaven} August 31, 2009 at 1:56 pm

I ran into this when I got gas this morning!!