this is what living like this does.

August 20, 2009 in life

Let me start by saying I. Am. Exhausted. Utterly, exhausted. I know I should have seen this coming. I mean, I just moved a week and a half ago, I started a new job and have been going through training, I have been working my booty off at the gym, and I spent my very first weekd back driving 2 and a half hours north to a wedding.

So I guess I should have seen this coming.

I’m down for the count. Ok, maybe not the count, but I’m down for today. Last night I went out with some friends to my fave local place, the B2. I had a couple of drinks and went home early. I had fun, but my number one priority was to talk to BF before it was time for bed.

For those who follow me on Twitter, you know today was rough for me. To say the least. There was a slight misunderstanding during training at work today that had me shaken. Let’s just say that the trainer mentioned something about how we have a presentation to give to the Big Bosses next Tuesday and that our presentation was Pass/Fail. Meaning, Pass… keep your job. Fail? Sorry, thanks for playing!

I.Freaked.OUT!

The only thing going through my mind at that point was.

1. I’m sorry, what?

2. I just put a security deposit down on an apartment and relocated my entire life for it all to come down to this role-play presentation!?

Turns out, she communicated incorrectly, but she didn’t recover fast enough to prevent a mini breakdown on my part.

And for those of you that have had mini breakdowns at work before, you know that it just throws off the rest of your day and you are useless.

So that was me.

But this is me tonight:

-eating this lovely mexican food, complete with adult beverage
-catching up on my google reader (y’all have been BUSY!)
-watching 3:10 To Yuma (my fave) and about to watch Season 1, Episode 1 of Mad Men (since y’all have been so enthusiastic about it, I thought I’d give it a shot)
-catching up with BF and letting him virtually “tuck me in” to bed

I go to the big OH (-I-O) tomorrow after work. SO grateful.

Brandi August 20, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Oh my! That would have caused a panic attack for me, so I completely understand why you were shaken. You HAVE been too hard on yourself. Get some rest, and have a GREAT time with BF this weekend.

Oh – and know that you are missed when you're not on Twitter. 🙂

Valerie at City|Life|Eats August 20, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Moving and transitions just suck, don't they? No matter how much you want to be where you are, there's an adjustment phase and missing your bf is hard. Hang in there – it sounds like you have a nice restorative evening planned. FWIW, husband and I were in different cities for several large chunks of time when we were dating and married, and we spoke every night on the phone before going to sleep, and it helped a lot.

Carolyn August 21, 2009 at 12:06 am

Oh hon I'm sorry, I hate days like that. I know things have been tough for you with the move, starting week, and being away from the BF. I think the key is to take care of yourself in whatever ways possible. Treat yourself, you know? Sending good thoughts your way, sweeets!

xoxo,
C

TheAnalyst August 21, 2009 at 12:40 am

Oh that is too bad about work. I've had things like that happen and it does totally effect the rest of your day. At least you had a delish dinner and will see the bf tomorrow!

Lisa Michelle August 21, 2009 at 12:52 am

Have a great time with BF this weekend! You need the break!

Work sucks..thats all I will say about that!

Angel August 21, 2009 at 12:56 am

I would have definitely had a mini attack! I would have freaked!

Fidgeting Gidget August 21, 2009 at 2:26 am

YOu're allowed to have mini-breakdowns at work…although they are embarrassing.

Sounds like a weekend in OH is exactly what you need. Hugs!

Megan August 21, 2009 at 2:35 am

Oh goodness, what a horrible miscommunication! Glad it turned out better than you thought.

Hope you enjoy Mad Men, it's a great show!

Melissa August 21, 2009 at 3:12 am

I would have freaked out too!!

dreaming in pink and green August 21, 2009 at 3:14 am

aw i'm sorry for your freak out! your night looks relaxing and fun though…that burrito looks delicious!

la aventurista August 21, 2009 at 3:39 am

Wow, you're travelling all over the place! I know what that feels like 🙂 But I'm sure it will be worth the tired-ness for you to see BF! Have a lovely weekend!

Jessica August 21, 2009 at 3:42 am

I'm so sorry that you've had a rough day! Sometimes it's hard for us to slow down and realize we're over-doing it, so I can understand where you're coming from on that. I'm glad your night is ending the way you want it to though. Have a good weekend!

Stephanie August 21, 2009 at 4:02 am

Ooo! Is that Chipotle I see?? YUMM. I definitely think you are recovering from the melt-down in the best way ever! haha! What I wouldn't give for a veggie burrito right now…
Anyways- Happy Friday tomorrow!!!

Molly August 21, 2009 at 4:35 am

I am so sorry for your hard day!
I don't know how you eat that burrito without the wrapper! I tear the top and take little bits off as I go down. Otherwise I would be a disaster!

HRH August 21, 2009 at 3:35 pm

omg i would have freaked out too girl! holy moly i dont know what i would have done. but some good mex and a nice cold one always seems to do the trick 🙂

happy friday!

Summer Wind August 21, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Have a great sress-free weekend, enjoy seeing the Bf!!!

Kaitlin August 21, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I would have gone crazy with that too. I hope you get some rest!

Lil' Woman August 21, 2009 at 11:18 pm

That would have freaked me out too! Have funn and unwind during your time in the OH! 🙂

Kassie August 22, 2009 at 2:01 pm

I can't imagine how stressful that would be!! Pass or fail on a job, jeez! Hope you have a more relaxing weekend.

*krystyn* August 22, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Not cool of the co-worker and her HUGE miscommunication!! That'll raise the blood pressure for sure.

That looks like Chipotle in the picture. Yum!! I forgive you for torturing me with this picture.

Valerie {Next to Heaven} August 23, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Glad you got the work thing straightened out. That's a good recipe for a heart attack!

You mexican food looks amazing! Hope you had a great weekend!!

OH and I LOVE MadMen! Hope you love it too!