please prepay in advance??

August 26, 2009 in annoyances,award,food,party

So unfortunately there are no updates to my 101 in 1001 list. I assure you though, I will be knocking things off my list left and right later this week! (Umm hello! NYS fair!)

So I have been really good and have been waking up at 4:30am (yes, you read that correctly. AM. Like, in the morning).

{by the way, does it bug anone else when people say “see you at 8AM in the morning”?? It’s a peeve of mine. Yes… we know in the morning… cause you said AM. And when gas pumps say “Please Pre-Pay in Advance.” Hmm. Pre-pay? Advance? Slightly redundant, no? oops. went off topic.}

So knowing that I need a break every now and then, I plan on going out with some friends tonight for a little event called Party on the Patio. It’s basically a pay ten dollars for all you can eat and drink. They have all kinds of cookout food — hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs, chicken, macaroni salad, potato salad, etc — and unlimited drinks. I can’t eat or drink much, but I have fun anyways.

And to clarify about Monday’s post, no I do not plan on going through 4 huge tubs of hummus not by myself, at least. CGirl went a little crazy and bought a few and I brought one (notice I only bought ONE!) back from Ohio with me. I guess we’re buying hummus like it’s going out of style or something. Who knows.

Last thing! Jessi from Jessi Bob and the Monsters left me the Honest Scrap award! I know I’ve posted this award before, so I am not only going to link back to that post, but also give you 10 new amusing pieces of info about me (lucky you, right?).

1. I do not like balloons. Thank you, dad, for making me watch the movie IT when I was 5.

2. I am obsessed with Showtime and HBO original programming. Weeds, Dexter, Californication, Entourage, Big Love, and what used to be the L Word and Queer as Folk, to name a few.

3. I have amazing will power against food. I will get a candybar (never buy them, they’re always just given to me) and I will say “sure I’ll eat it.” But then I leave it on my desk (or in my purse). Stare at it. Think about it. Talk myself out of it. It will literall stay there for months. Until I throw it away/give it away to a good home!

4. I can’t think of anymore interesting things right now. So you only get 3. 🙂

{photocredit}

Sunshinemeg August 26, 2009 at 12:11 pm

HBO is awesome. Their shows are like mini movie. Totally agree with you on that one.

JW.BW August 26, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Hahahaha… yes, please prepay in advance. crazy that they wasted ink on that… My whole life goal is to get some damn will power!!! I will have will power one day! I WILL!! (i hope)
JW

Kassie August 26, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Can you share some of that amazing willpower!?! 🙂

Krystyn August 26, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Redundant signs…ugggh.

And, please pass on your will power. I'm a junk food fiend!

Mich August 26, 2009 at 4:01 pm

i totally do that too with chocolate and candy. it could sit there forEVER with out me even touching it…. but if its french fries… thats a whole other ball game!

~**Dawn**~ August 26, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Redundancy drives me nuts. When I see/hear it, I must poke fun. Even at myself, if I slip! =P

Loooove Dexter! I cannot wait for the new season!

darcyb August 26, 2009 at 4:17 pm

My favorite redundant saying is “ATM machine.” We know it's a machine. . . that's what the M in ATM stands for!

Carol {Everyday Delights} August 26, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Love Weeds and Entourage too!! I am behind though, so I need to catch up.

Valerie {Next to Heaven} August 26, 2009 at 4:41 pm

I DON'T have THAT kind of willpower…want to share?

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com August 26, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I had never thought of how “prepay in advance” was redundant. hmm….

Southern Champagne Wishes August 26, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I love the whole “prepay in advance” thing!

Also, if I had willpower against candy, cookies, and generally all desserts, I believe I would be 20 pounds thinner without even trying. As it is, it's back to the treadmill for me.

Gracie Beth August 26, 2009 at 6:22 pm

That is so redundant it made me laugh!

{JANE} August 26, 2009 at 6:23 pm

You have will power girl! I can't even look at candy bars or I will want to eat them. Teach us your secret!

Gwen August 26, 2009 at 8:28 pm

LOL!!! I wish I had your will power. I used to until I cut sweets out except for on splurges and now I'll pig out on anything that's put in front of me. LOL!!! And…IT scared me as a kid too. 🙂 XOXO

P.S. Ellie has quite the attitude most days but normally she would have posed like crazy. I think I embarassed her. LOL!!!

~M~ August 27, 2009 at 1:33 am

I wish I had HBO!

Erica Leigh August 27, 2009 at 2:21 am

lol @ the redundancy thing. i get irritated when people say stuff like that too (“8 am in the morning”. well, duh, of course 8 am is in the morning!!)

yes, hbo + showtime are pretty amazing. i LOVE 'dexter' and 'big love', and started watching 'nurse jackie' this season, which is actually really good! if you haven't seen it, i recommend it.

awww too bad you hate balloons. see, i didn't see It until i was in middle school or so, and by then it wasn't scary. but everyone else i know who saw it when they were little were super traumatized by it.

Meg August 27, 2009 at 5:56 am

Welcome to the department of redundancy department…

Lil' Woman August 27, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Ya know what always confuses me, is is your suppose to write the word dollars after writing for instance $10….does the $ sign just say it for you or are you supposed to spell it out? Hmm…