totally awkward tuesday – he’s been there for three days

July 7, 2009 in totally awkward tuesday

I almost forgot about this weeks installment of Tova’s Totally Awkward Tuesday.

I have a bad little habit. Technically, I don’t even know that it exists. I only know that it exists because other people have told me so.

So what is it? I talk in my sleep. Not just a few mumbles. Full. On. Chit-chat.

When I wake up in the morning, I don’t even realize that these conversations have taken place. About 5 years ago I received a call on my cell phone in the middle of the night. I answered. And apparently all conversation pointed to normal.

That was, until, I blurted out “The Presidents on my stomach.”

To which the caller responded “Excuse me?”

Followed by me, explaining, “The presidents on my stomach. He’s been there for three days!”

When I was told this the following morning I burst into laughter (and slight humiliation).

I’m just not a huge fan of having random convo’s in my sleep that I don’t remember. That’s all.

Summer Wind July 7, 2009 at 8:34 pm

that is too funny!!!! I've never experienced a sleep talking, but it seems like it always gives you something to giggle about in the morning

Slacker July 7, 2009 at 8:41 pm

LOL! i have a friend that talks in her sleep and she talks about the randomest stuff sometimes!

Lil' Woman July 7, 2009 at 8:45 pm

lol..that is too funny! 🙂

yellaalley95 July 7, 2009 at 8:50 pm

OMG!!! Helcar are you talking about me!!! Seriously, when are you guys going to get over the fact that I'm an “active sleepwalker” (apparently I also walk in my sleep?!Along with randomly rambling about things and having conversations with people)…

And you have WONDERFUL blog Rachel!

Mrs EyeCanSee July 8, 2009 at 12:07 am

Haha. I occasionally talk in my sleep too, and supposedly have even been known to sing.

Fellow Ohioan here, at least for now…though it looks like you're moving soon too. Good luck!

Cute blog BTW! You have a new follower!

Gwen July 8, 2009 at 2:12 am

LMAO!!! I sort of talk in my sleep but I don't make sense so it's probably a good thing!!! XOXO

Cristin July 8, 2009 at 2:14 am

I have done very similar things!!
Chris talks in his sleep too, except his conversations actually make sense and he just doesn't remember them.

Christine July 8, 2009 at 3:11 am

Ha ha! I just laughed out loud! Too funny.

alexa - cleveland's a plum July 8, 2009 at 4:12 am

my friends and i were JUST talking about this. i personally don't talk in my sleep that i know of but my friend court? she's a TALKER!

paddy July 8, 2009 at 2:43 pm

This post has been removed by the author.

paddy July 8, 2009 at 2:45 pm

Oh! does the Secret service know! lol

hilarious one!

I remember my first night stay at a friend's house for 'combined study', that was when i was 15 years old.

It was around 4 am in the morning, we had stopped the studies and my friend hit the sack. I wasn't feeling sleepy so i was reading one of those Hollywood magazines. Suddenly, this guy started bitchn in his sleep . The whole f*** stuff. Then suddenly jumped out from bed (we were on the first floor), walked till the stairs, came straight back and hit the sack… All this in his sleep. Damn! I just passed out! lol

I some how passed the next 2-3 hours. When he got up and i told he what he did. He said 'oh! i did that?' and i just killed him! rofl!

I still tell him that story and we have a good laugh! lol

Raine July 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Wicked funny!!

HRH July 9, 2009 at 9:51 pm

omg this is the funniest story! poor thing! i talk in my sleep too and never remember…but nothing that bad!! haha 🙂

Moonjava July 10, 2009 at 4:09 am

Lol, that's totally hilarious! Random convos huh, that's an interesting talent! I'm hardly coherent when I get up in the middle of the night…

~**Dawn**~ July 21, 2009 at 2:29 pm

I don't do it often but last weekend I was half-dozing while watching a Red Sox game. I dreamt that they were showing a “old time” baseball player on the tv screen with some stats & he had this crazy mustache. I actually woke myself up saying “Wow, that's some mustache!” LOL!!