the best sandwich in the world

July 6, 2009 in food,pictures,travel,trip

As I posted on Thursday, BF and I decided to take a day trip to Pittsburgh to go to Primanti Brothers. We saw it on the show Man Versus Food and I had it stuck in my head that we would go there sometime. So away we went! Yes, I know… sounds silly that we went to Pittsburgh just for sandwiches, but it’s only a two-hour drive and it was a fun little road trip!

It turns out the people of Pittsburgh are not that friendly. In fact they were downright rude! I know we were not at Primanti Brothers for their service, but seriously… you can ask me what I’d like to eat a nicer way than “What do you want” while wearing a very classy uniform (sweatpants and a tank top). CLASSY for sure!

We took a ride on the Incline so we could see the whole city. It was really pretty (and I was a little scared... you know… the whole heights thing). We also stopped at Ikea! Neither of us had ever been to an Ikea store before (even though we have some of their products) and the only thing I have to say is — OVERWHELMING! Wow. I didn’t realize how overwhelming it would be to shop. So I bought nothing (or near nothing anyways). But I definitely want to go back sometime when I’m more prepared for the awesomeness that is shopping at Ikea.

All in all it was a successful trip to Pittsburgh! Our mini-road trip was lovely and I hope that many more are to come!

I have so much more to tell you about Pittsburgh, but I just do not have the time or energy right now! Promise that (along with the secret) I will post more about the weird (and furry) things about Pittsburgh soon!

Jen July 6, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Mu hubby and I watched that episode of Man Vs. Food and he said he wanted to go to Pitt just to have one of those sandwiches!!! Haha! They really do look delicious! Too bad the people are a**holes there 🙂

Gwen July 6, 2009 at 2:08 pm

YUM!!! I could definitely eat one of those sandwiches right now!!! I love Ikea!!! I've only purchased through the catalog (one too many times probably) but I still dream of going to the actual store one day. Glad you had such a fabulous weekend!!! XOXO

*krystyn* July 6, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I say a 2 hour road trip is TOTALLY worth it for sandwiches. They look REALLY good too. Yum!!

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!

Simply Valorie July 6, 2009 at 3:59 pm

I think the sandwiches were worth the two hour drive and rude service. They're a good memory.

But you DEFINITELY just described my first IKEA experience too. It was overwhelming and intense and the only thing I bought were a few little cute flower vases because I couldn't take it all in. I'm glad I'm not alone in that feeling!

Heidi July 6, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I went to college in Pittsburgh and I LOOOVE primanti bros…but I agree I never understood why they had to be rude..oh well, they're so worth it for the food!
And IKEA, it's so fun and overwhelming at the same time, it deserves a trip all by itself!
Glad you had fun!

~M~ July 6, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Woah! That's a huge sandwich!!

Krystyn July 6, 2009 at 5:27 pm

That sandwich looks delicious!

And, if only I could take a 2 hour road trip!

Valerie at City|Life|Eats July 6, 2009 at 5:42 pm

that sandwich looks SO good 🙂

Brown Girl July 7, 2009 at 1:50 pm

OMG!!! That sandwich looks delish!!! I saw that Man vs Food episode, my BF loves that show.

Raine July 7, 2009 at 11:47 pm

Ive never been to Ikea and Im kinda scared of the immense awesomeness!